Contribute
Register

Buying Advice HP Probook 450 Ivy Bridge or Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, it works, I don't know exactly the speed, but I just transfered 1 GB in about 10 seconds. It should be about right i think

Well, it works, I don't know exactly the speed, but I just transfered 1 GB in about 10 seconds. It should be about right i think

You could try with and without GenericUSBXHCI (eg. remove GenericUSBXHCI, and you'll then be using the apple kext, AppleUSBXHCI).

Also, check for operation before and after sleep... Test all ports... etc.

You could try with and without GenericUSBXHCI (eg. remove GenericUSBXHCI, and you'll then be using the apple kext, AppleUSBXHCI).

Also, check for operation before and after sleep... Test all ports... etc.

The USB3 HDD works without GenericUSBXHCI, transfers files just as fast. But the computer won't boot if the USB3 HDD is plugged in, don't know if it's related. But I'm quite sure it booted before.

Also when I put the computer to sleep with that keyboard shortcut after some time there is no way to wake it back!

The USB3 HDD works without GenericUSBXHCI, transfers files just as fast. But the computer won't boot if the USB3 HDD is plugged in, don't know if it's related. But I'm quite sure it booted before.

At what point does it "not boot"? Do you see the bootloader or is it before then?

Also when I put the computer to sleep with that keyboard shortcut after some time there is no way to wake it back!

What keyboard shortcut? Did you use the power button?

Before the bootloader

How large is the external HDD? How large are the partitions on it?

I think Chameleon has problems with partitions larger than 1TB.

The key with the little moon. Is it the same?

That's the sleep key. Same effect as choosing Apple -> Sleep.

This is what I mean by test sleep. When you choose Apple -> Sleep, does the laptop wake up properly after pressing the power button (or pressing keys on the keyboard if your laptop allows that)?

How large is the external HDD? How large are the partitions on it?

I think Chameleon has problems with partitions larger than 1TB.
it's 500 GB, two 250GB partitions

That's the sleep key. Same effect as choosing Apple -> Sleep.

This is what I mean by test sleep. When you choose Apple -> Sleep, does the laptop wake up properly after pressing the power button (or pressing keys on the keyboard if your laptop allows that)?
It does not wake at all!

it's 500 GB, two 250GB partitions

That's not a bootloader problem then (as far as I can tell from here). It sounds more like a BIOS bug (does HP have an update?). Maybe disable booting from USB in BIOS...

It does not wake at all!

Are you sure? Could be the screen just doesn't come back (for example), or other issue....

Did you check system.log to see if there is a log for 'Wake Reason' around the time that you woke it?

Also, there is an OS X bug that we work around in DSDT. Apply "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" patch and see if it makes a difference. Also be sure to use "Sleep Image Fix" in the ProBook Installer.

That's not a bootloader problem then (as far as I can tell from here). It sounds more like a BIOS bug (does HP have an update?). Maybe disable booting from USB in BIOS...
Strange, it was the same USB HDD I installed OSX before and I booted from it!

Are you sure? Could be the screen just doesn't come back (for example), or other issue....

Did you check system.log to see if there is a log for 'Wake Reason' around the time that you woke it?

Also, there is an OS X bug that we work around in DSDT. Apply "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" patch and see if it makes a difference. Also be sure to use "Sleep Image Fix" in the ProBook Installer.

I'll report in a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back