Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
View attachment 80121
Yes, I know...

OK, so how's the keyboard layout? Do you see the new option in SysPrefs->Keyboard (for swapping Fn+Fkeys vs. Fkeys) "Use all F1, F2..."
Take a photo of the keyboard when you get a chance...

The function buttons are ok now when the option "Use all F1, F2..." is on (it's there by the way)
Some other keys are wrong, but maybe these were wrong also before "\"" |" ">" "!" "^"

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
View attachment 80121

The function buttons are ok now when the option "Use all F1, F2..." is on (it's there by the way)
Some other keys are wrong, but maybe these were wrong also before "\"" |" ">" "!" "^"

It is definitely a different layout. Will require some custom work to the Info.plist. (brightness keys not on Fn+F2, Fn+F3, for example... sleep is on Fn+F3).

I don't understand what you mean by "keys are wrong" "\" |" ">" "!" "^"??

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
I don't understand what you mean by "keys are wrong" "\" |" ">" "!" "^"??

I mean those characters aren't in the right key. For example when on the keyboard I press what is labeled "\" I type "/" instead!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I mean those characters aren't in the right key. For example when on the keyboard I press what is labeled "\" I type "/" instead!

Provide output from system.log when you press those keys with the debug ps2 drivers installed.

If they match up to mine, then the problem lies elsewhere in your settings in SysPrefs->Keyboard->InputSources. I expect they will, as all these keys have standard PS2 codes... standard since the invention of the IBM PC in the 1980s.

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Provide output from system.log when you press those keys with the debug ps2 drivers installed.

If they match up to mine, then the problem lies elsewhere in your settings in SysPrefs->Keyboard->InputSources. I expect they will, as all these keys have standard PS2 codes... standard since the invention of the IBM PC in the 1980s.

on the left is the label, on the right is what is typed
"\" = "<" Jan 15 21:10:23 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 29=32
(needs shift) "|" = ">" Jan 15 21:11:07 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 29=32
(needs shift) ">" = "|" Jan 15 21:11:59 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 56=a
"<" = "\" Jan 15 21:12:30 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 56=a

As you can see the < and the \ are inverted

By the way, the battery patches worked!!

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
on the left is the label, on the right is what is typed
"\" = "<" Jan 15 21:10:23 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 29=32
(needs shift) "|" = ">" Jan 15 21:11:07 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 29=32
(needs shift) ">" = "|" Jan 15 21:11:59 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 56=a
"<" = "\" Jan 15 21:12:30 kims-mbp kernel[0]: ApplePS2Keyboard: sending key 56=a

As you can see the < and the \ are inverted

I think it is weirdness in your non-US keyboard. Although you can fix these in the keyboard driver's Info.plist, I'd recommend you create a custom keyboard layout (if none of those in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Sources works for you). You can use the Ukelele app (google for download).

Also, there are some keyboard layouts in the ProBook Installer. I don't see a separate option, so maybe you already have it available. Yes... just verified, they are installed. See if "Italiano [Fixed]" helps...

By the way, the battery patches worked!!

I figured they would...

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
I think it is weirdness in your non-US keyboard. Although you can fix these in the keyboard driver's Info.plist, I'd recommend you create a custom keyboard layout (if none of those in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Sources works for you). You can use the Ukelele app (google for download).

Also, there are some keyboard layouts in the ProBook Installer. I don't see a separate option, so maybe you already have it available. Yes... just verified, they are installed. See if "Italiano [Fixed]" helps...

I figured they would...

OK, I'll do that, I'm downloading Ukelele. What can I check/fix in the meantime? USB3? Card Reader?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, I'll do that, I'm downloading Ukelele. What can I check/fix in the meantime? USB3? Card Reader?

Don't forget to try "Italiano [Fixed]". You have an Italian keyboard, right? I'm pretty sure someone else already fixed it for you... (they used Ukelele).

I'm pretty sure card reader will be a bust, but you can see...

What is the status of USB/USB3. Do you have USB3 devices with which to test?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Don't forget to try "Italiano [Fixed]". You have an Italian keyboard, right? I'm pretty sure someone else already fixed it for you... (they used Ukelele).

I'm pretty sure card reader will be a bust, but you can see...

What is the status of USB/USB3. Do you have USB3 devices with which to test?

Yes, I have a USB3 HDD, what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.