Contribute
Register

Buying Advice HP Probook 450 Ivy Bridge or Haswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure? Could be the screen just doesn't come back (for example), or other issue....

Did you check system.log to see if there is a log for 'Wake Reason' around the time that you woke it?

Also, there is an OS X bug that we work around in DSDT. Apply "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" patch and see if it makes a difference. Also be sure to use "Sleep Image Fix" in the ProBook Installer.

I applied the "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" patch and used "Sleep Image Fix" in the ProBook Installer. But still no wake.
These are the strings in log if I search "wake"

Jan 16 01:24:20 Kims-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x7400 ****
Jan 16 01:28:09 kims-mbp.station WindowServer[95]: CGXDisplayDidWakeNotification [277392024602]: posting kCGSDisplayDidWake
Jan 16 01:32:24 Kims-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x3c00 ****

Are you sure? Could be the screen just doesn't come back (for example), or other issue....

Did you check system.log to see if there is a log for 'Wake Reason' around the time that you woke it?

Also, there is an OS X bug that we work around in DSDT. Apply "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" patch and see if it makes a difference. Also be sure to use "Sleep Image Fix" in the ProBook Installer.

Still no wake: Applied "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" patch and used "Sleep Image Fix" in the ProBook Installer

I would paste what I find in log if I search "wake", but the post needs your approval!

Can I install the normal Synaptics Kext now? The debug version is invading the log!

Can I install the normal Synaptics Kext now? The debug version is invading the log!

If you're done fixing the keyboard. I assume the keylayout files fixed things?

- - - Updated - - -

Still no wake: Applied "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" patch and used "Sleep Image Fix" in the ProBook Installer

Oh well, you need those two anyway...

I would paste what I find in log if I search "wake", but the post needs your approval!

It should be only a single line... and to some extent what happens after that. I hardly see how this requires any sort of approval...

If you're done fixing the keyboard. I assume the keylayout files fixed things?
Actually I couldn't find the layouts in the installer, I'll learn to use Ukelele some other time

It should be only a single line... and to some extent what happens after that. I hardly see how this requires any sort of approval...

this is the only line with wake, and I don't think it has anything to do with sleep
Jan 16 02:25:55 Kims-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0xbc00 ****

Actually I couldn't find the layouts in the installer, I'll learn to use Ukelele some other time

They are installed automatically when you choose from "OS X support kexts". You will find them in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources.

this is the only line with wake, and I don't think it has anything to do with sleep
Jan 16 02:25:55 Kims-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: **** [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0xbc00 ****

Yeah, probably not. First console log after wake is something that would look like:
Code:
Jan 14 20:31:58 Speedy-ML kernel[0]: Wake reason: EHC1

If you're not getting a 'Wake Reason' it is possible/likely you're not entering sleep correctly. In Windows, take note of outward indicates of sleep (eg. power LED blinking). Then boot into OS X. Choose Apple->Sleep. Do you get the outward indications of sleep? (eg. power LED blinking). If not, then your computer is locking up/failing during the sleep process. In that case, problem is with sleep, not with wake.

They are installed automatically when you choose from "OS X support kexts". You will find them in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources.
Oh, yeah, found it, it was under "other". Fixed!

If you're not getting a 'Wake Reason' it is possible/likely you're not entering sleep correctly. In Windows, take note of outward indicates of sleep (eg. power LED blinking). Then boot into OS X. Choose Apple->Sleep. Do you get the outward indications of sleep? (eg. power LED blinking). If not, then your computer is locking up/failing during the sleep process. In that case, problem is with sleep, not with wake.

I have to install windows, since it's late here, I'll do it tomorrow morning and let you know.

OK, this computer is almost perfect now! I've attached my dsdt and SSDTView attachment dsdt + ssdt.zip for others. Let me know if you need anything else, I'll attach it tomorrow morning cause I'm falling asleep.

Thank you again for all your help!

This is my laptop configuration:

HP Probook 450G1
CPU: core i5 4200M haswell 2.5GHz
GPU: AMD radeon HD 8750M + Intel HD4600
HDD: 500 GB
RAM: 4GB

Can I use dsdt + ssdt.zip from kickokim?

If not, can you help me to patch my laptop's DSDT and SSDT. This is my laptop's DSDT, SSDT, PCI and codecDump.

Attachments

• CodecDump.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 91
  • PCI.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 213
  • SSDT+DSDT.zip
    59.1 KB · Views: 159
Something strange happened. I did not install windows, I only inserted the cd. But now I can't boot anymore, the computer won't even get to the bootloader it just says "boot device not found, please instal os to your drive". I booted with Unibeast and installed chameleon again but it did not change anything! Do you know what this is?

I think it hapened because I resized my partition from OSX

I googled and found that the only solution tried so far is to reinstall OSX --- And that's what I did, they guide on the OP works by the way

This is my laptop configuration:

HP Probook 450G1
CPU: core i5 4200M haswell 2.5GHz
GPU: AMD radeon HD 8750M + Intel HD4600
HDD: 500 GB
RAM: 4GB

Can I use dsdt + ssdt.zip from kickokim?

If not, can you help me to patch my laptop's DSDT and SSDT. This is my laptop's DSDT, SSDT, PCI and codecDump.

You should patch your own DSDT. Read this thread for the details.

- - - Updated - - -

Something strange happened. I did not install windows, I only inserted the cd. But now I can't boot anymore, the computer won't even get to the bootloader it just says "boot device not found, please instal os to your drive". I booted with Unibeast and installed chameleon again but it did not change anything! Do you know what this is?

I think it hapened because I resized my partition from OSX

I googled and found that the only solution tried so far is to reinstall OSX --- And that's what I did, they guide on the OP works by the way

Cool. You had a reason to test your own guide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back