Contribute
Register

Buying Advice/General Advise (1st build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh/Win8.1
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I've been a Mac user for a couple years and consider myself very tech savvy, but I am a novice when it comes to building computers.

I have decided to do a Hackintosh and Windows 8.1 (upgrading to 9) build. I will obviously use the Windows portion for gaming, since Windows is a necessary evil when it comes to gaming.

Here the parts I want to get:
CPU: Intel i7-4790k
MOB: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H or GA-Z97-HD3 (sorry for the bold print)
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3gb
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16gb (2x8)
Storage: 256gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD for OSX, 1tb Samsung 840 EVO SSD for Windows
PSU: XFX 850W Gold certified

The Extras:
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 (white)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus
Keyboard: Rosewill RGB80
Monitor: Asus VG24QE

Basically I would just like some feedback and suggestions. Do you guys think I will have any issues with the MOB or CPU? Also, recommendations on cooling would be appreciated. I do NOT want to do water-cooling.

Thanks in advance!

Why not do a search here for those Mobo's to see what others are experiencing. You may not want the hassle. (Search Windows top right hand corner of this page). And curious why you posted (sorry for the bold print), it didn't go bold by itself... Luck with the build.

In the research I've done for the mobo, it seems like they all work just fine. I was just hoping to get some feedback from someone who directly used a mobo I listed, or something similar.
For the bold, I copy&pasted the model number into this window, and for whatever reason I was unable to remove the bold.

I'll continue searching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back