Contribute
Register

Buying a Dedicated GPU for your Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma Hackintosh

Yes, but I'm having a hard time generalizing the Dortania guide to the newer cards, plus understanding how to get the device path without using Windows or Linux. The Dortania guide suggests making an SSDT, but am I right in saying that changing/spoofing the Device-ID in the DeviceProperties is the simpler way to go?
Hackintool can also give you device paths.

feedback after few weeks of use of dual RX 6900XT, I decided to send back one and keep only one so then working with one RX 6900XT WC (strangely recognized on GB and Luxmark as a frequency of 2720MHz...)

Reason is simple: the 2 cards are fully used in dual in metal 3
BUT the programs I use most often: Affinity (design publisher etc) some adobe too and others are CPU focusing
the one I thought it will be wonderful with, is Davinci (I am working on 4k timeline and some fusion parts)
Davinci is using dual cards but only at 100% when rendering
the rest of the time both of the cards are not used as more as 25% each...

Meaning that dual 6900XT is a great deal but only if you render most of the time when you are on your computer
having a GPU which I use only tiny bit which has a huge footprint on my electricity bill >>> better to buy others stuffs

Last edited:
so, RX6600XT or RX6650XT to replace my RX570 ?
they have almost the same price here...

so, RX6600XT or RX6650XT to replace my RX570 ?
they have almost the same price here...
RX 6600 XT works out of box but with the slightly worse performance, yet RX 6650 XT has to be addressed carefully for a Fake ID but with the slightly better performance.

@Paok1926 buy the RX 6600 XT as it is less likely to be a problem for you. You will have a substantial increase in performance over what you have now, moving from the RX 570 to the RX 6600 XT.

@Paok1926 buy the RX 6600 XT as it is less likely to be a problem for you. You will have a substantial increase in performance over what you have now, moving from the RX 570 to the RX 6600 XT.
And there's little time to hesitate. I originally wanted RX 6600 XT, yet it became unavailable several days before I was ready to buy.

already bought :)
waiting next Monday to deliver..
thank you all, community :)

Back