Contribute
Register

Building advice for video streaming, 2000$ budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats really awesome to know about the pro device, so now i must ask you... multiple pro/intensity devices is this something that you have experimented with ? im looking at 2-3 devices.

Im currently out of the country and i will be back on tuesday, as soon as im home il promise to update this post.

mac_nibblet - I haven't tried multiple ones! Just tried to build a video game capturing editing center for a friend, so we only had a call for one. Although I would wonder if there is enough space (physical space) to place more than one Blackmagic Intensity Pro card onto that motherboard? I know that the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID= motherboard where you would place any of the two graphics cards that tonyosx recommends on pro builds it would take up two slots because of its size that would block one of the PCI Express slots. It might be a tight fit, but I can't say for sure if you can or can't place more than one in there.

Take care on your trip and hope to hear back on your results. If you can get it working then that is better news for everyone.

Well i got the renesas usb 3.0 ports working i think !? is their anyway i can test?

installed the drivers for the intensity shuttle, but i had little success on getting it to work. not really sure where i should start debugging..

hexxorleiva said:
mac_nibblet - I haven't tried multiple ones! Just tried to build a video game capturing editing center for a friend, so we only had a call for one.

Just curious, isn't HDCP a problem? I would guess that during gameplay it's not, in general you would think that unless you're playing a video, it wouldn't matter. However, and I may be wrong here, but I could swear that when I tested my PS3 in the past with older monitors, HDCP was active even just in the XMB menus and so I couldn't use it on those older monitors that lacked HDCP.

It's entirely possibly I am just wrong :), maybe what I was seeing was some kind of HDMI handshake issue, it's been a long time since I did that, so my memory isn't clear now on how I arrived at the conclusion of HDCP being the problem. I don't recall the results with an Xbox 360.

macier said:
hexxorleiva said:
mac_nibblet - I haven't tried multiple ones! Just tried to build a video game capturing editing center for a friend, so we only had a call for one.

Just curious, isn't HDCP a problem? I would guess that during gameplay it's not, in general you would think that unless you're playing a video, it wouldn't matter. However, and I may be wrong here, but I could swear that when I tested my PS3 in the past with older monitors, HDCP was active even just in the XMB menus and so I couldn't use it on those older monitors that lacked HDCP.

It's entirely possibly I am just wrong :), maybe what I was seeing was some kind of HDMI handshake issue, it's been a long time since I did that, so my memory isn't clear now on how I arrived at the conclusion of HDCP being the problem. I don't recall the results with an Xbox 360.

Well the thing is that i don't use the intensity shuttle for recording gaming but livestream ing gymnastic competition (teamgym) in the northern europe. so for me that is not an issue.

mac_nibblet - How is it going? Did you have you have to use the added USB 3.0 PCI Card to see whether it is working or not? I was confused when you said:

mac_nibblet said:
Well i got the renesas usb 3.0 ports working i think !? is their anyway i can test?

Not sure if that is from your PCI card or whether you are testing the USB ports directly from the motherboard.

Im messing around with it right now.... Currently it shows upp in the system profiler (The usb 3.0 PCI-E card) and it recognizes the shuttle device but its still i have not had any success.

mac_nibblet said:
Im messing around with it right now.... Currently it shows upp in the system profiler (The usb 3.0 PCI-E card) and it recognizes the shuttle device but its still i have not had any success.

Had the same thing happen when plugging in the BM Shuttle into the USB 3.0 port on the back of the motherboard. The card showed up on the System Profiler as the BM Shuttle, but when it came to getting the software (that the BM came with) to recognize the Shuttle - the software wasn't able to detect it.

hexxorleiva said:
mac_nibblet - I haven't tried multiple ones! Just tried to build a video game capturing editing center for a friend, so we only had a call for one. Although I would wonder if there is enough space (physical space) to place more than one Blackmagic Intensity Pro card onto that motherboard? I know that the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID= motherboard where you would place any of the two graphics cards that tonyosx recommends on pro builds it would take up two slots because of its size that would block one of the PCI Express slots. It might be a tight fit, but I can't say for sure if you can or can't place more than one in there.

Take care on your trip and hope to hear back on your results. If you can get it working then that is better news for everyone.

i could seriously need your help right now, i bought three pro devices and plugged them in. i can view them in wirecast and ustream producer but i cant get any video feed of them.

mac_nibblet said:
hexxorleiva said:

i could seriously need your help right now, i bought three pro devices and plugged them in. i can view them in wirecast and ustream producer but i cant get any video feed of them.

Which form of the Black Magic video capture card are you using? The Shuttle that connects via USB 3.0 or the one that is installed via PCI-Express?

I've only tested out the PCI-Express version and that has worked. So far I haven't been able to make the USB 3.0 Shuttle version work whatsoever via Lion. I'm planning on testing by having separated operating systems (Windows 7 being the other) on the same machine and seeing if there is a way to capture it using it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back