Contribute
Register

Building advice for video streaming, 2000$ budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought the 2011 was just released ?

It was just released. X79 isn't on that list, and that is what you specced.... 1155 is actually more powerful because of the Ivy Bridge processors coming out within a month. You asked for our opinions, we (the people who have given this advice and know what works and what doesnt) gave our opinion. You seem to not be happy with it.

Gordo74 said:
It was just released. X79 isn't on that list, and that is what you specced.... 1155 is actually more powerful because of the Ivy Bridge processors coming out within a month. You asked for our opinions, we (the people who have given this advice and know what works and what doesnt) gave our opinion. You seem to not be happy with it.

No i am very happy to receive your opinion since it seeams i and missinformed!

So i have been looking at this board "GA-Z68X-UD7-B3" what do you think, will it fit my needs ?

The problem is that i need the renesas usb 3.0 for the livestreaming stuff and that takes priority over OS X compatiblity.

so i have put togethere a new build

ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME B3 P67 S-1155 E-ATX
CORSAIR 16GB DDR3 VENGEANCE PC3-12800 1600MHZ...
CORSAIR H60 HYDRO SERIES LIQUID COOLING S-115...
CORSAIR TX 650W M MODULAR PSU ATX12V 2.31 / E...
FRACTAL DESIGN MIDITOWER DEFINE R3 USB3 BLACK
GIGABYTE RADEON HD6870 OC 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI...
INTEL 520 SERIES 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/600 MLC ...
INTEL CORE I7 2700K 3.50GHZ 8MB S-1155
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB

it would appear there are some issues with the usb controller of the motherboard, so maybe i should just go with the motherboard you recommended and get a PCIE card for usb 3.0

Hello,

I wanted to piggyback on this topic because we are undergoing the same exact sort of build with the same video capturing intentions. We built with all the same specs as on the CustoMac Pro Build page (the one including the i7-core). But we've found an issue using the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle. We've plugged it in into the USB 3.0 port in the back of the Gigabyte
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-4902415-10446076?url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128498 and notice that it is being recognized as the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle, but we get the following error under our system report and choosing USB.

current required (mA): unknown (device has not been configured).

Not sure if I missed installing an additional kext when installing the OS for the first time (running on Lion 10.7). Anyone have any suggestions?

mac_nibblet - I can confirm that the Blackmagic Intensity Pro does work under the build I mentioned before. I was able to capture from an XBOX 360 HDMI signal and then display it on an HD monitor without an issue.

I built the machine for someone else, and they already own a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle - it will be informative to know if your USB PCI Express will work. It would be great to have a confirmed build that can support that piece of hardware. I believe a lot of hackintoshs out there are used for the video editing software capabilities and having these peripherals confirmed would help out a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back