Contribute
Register

Building a Sandy Bridge CustoMac: Recommended Builds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks,
I am still trying to sort out if I can use i5-2400 built in graphics in accelerated mode or I need to :
a. get i5-2400k and use HD 3000
b. get a dedicated graphics card

Cheers,

Simon

Anyone about the intergraded graphics. Does it work?
Thanks

Newbie here. Is Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 a good alternative option for the Sandy Bridge Customac Build #4? The board suggested is no longer available and I was wondering what the best choice would be for an alternate board in this config. Also, if I switch out the 1TB drive and put in 2 "Western Digital WD20EARS Caviar Green 2TB SATA2 3Gbps" Drives, would that affect the stability of the install? (I assume it wouldn't)

Hi. For the last 2 weeks, since I purchased my custom beast, everything thing works except I keep getting this message that prevents me from using ethernet, and also logging into the App Store:

The system extension "/system/library/extensions/IONNetworkingFamilykext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" was improperly installed and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product vendor for an update.

Any help would be appreciated.

i5 2500k
nVidia gtx 460
Gigabyte Z68X-UD2H-B3

Thanks,

Bryan

Building my first computer and I have these needs:
-dual DVI
-Firewire (prefer 400)
-Software requiring OpenGL with 128+ MB of ram

Leaning toward Sandy Bridge CustoMac #2
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400
Motherboard: ?
Graphics: ?
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333mhz DDR3 (4GB)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 341
Power Supply: OCZ 500 watt ModXStream Pro
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
Hard Drive: 2 Seagate 1 TB 7200RPM

with this graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814125357

Any problems/ suggestions?

Thanks

radik4506 said:
I panning to build hackentosh with configuration for video production Is it goona work without problem? Which gr card is better ATI or Nvidia
System: GA-Z68XP-UD4
CPU: Core i7 2600K
Graphics: ATI Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870
Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (16GB)

I have the same build with the exception of different timing on the RAM and an OC card. I can boot up fine and play star craft, haven't fully tested system. I'll have more details and setup my profile soon

pikoy said:
i have a question i have tried installing a system with GA Z68XP-UD5-B3 and after the installation the screen will just go black and not continue please need your help tony this is for a very important company i am doing i have already done all the possible alternatives the i know. and have read in the forums

Not quite clear what you mean when you say 'after the installation'. If you mean after using MultiBeast with the custom DSDT then I think the problem is likely the USB3 kext. or the disk image kext that is supposed to show your drives as normal internal icons.

Those 2 features did not work for me on the ud5 board. In fact you will not be able to get USB3 speeds on your usb ports because of the VLI drivers. For some reason they have not changed the suggested builds to address this and it is causing new users to continue to purchase the ud5 board. Great board overall but not for usb3.

Delete those kexts and run multibeast without them checked on your next install and you should be stable. 64 bit works fine too.

whoisbryanclark said:
The system extension "/system/library/extensions/IONNetworkingFamilykext/Contents/Plugins/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" was improperly installed and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product vendor for an update.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bryan

Try running Kext Utility from http://www.kexts.com/.

Hi

Today I get my board GA-Z68X UD5-B3 and the i7 processor from Build #4.

If the RAM from Build 4 relevant for the use of the pre-build DSDT or can i easily use other RAM (1600MHz)?

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back