Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Pro 2010 [RECOMMENDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuzzy screen and white noise, lagging mouse, jerky movement

Followed the specs and install to a tee. Except using the i7 950. Getting graphic weirdness (fuzzy screen and white noise, lagging mouse, jerky movement). Also despite installing lastest beta of Realtek RTL8111E lnx2mac, no Ethernet.

Then, after 4 goes at installing and reinstalling I popped in my ancient Nvidia EN 7600GT card in place of the Gigabyte GV-R577UD-1GD and it booted faster, and all the issues disappeared, including Ethernet issues. Nvidia worked out of the box no messing around. Full resolution.

I'm happy with the result, as I'm not doing graphic intensive stuff. Apart from dropping the cash on the ATI card specifically for this build.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

MacMan said:
Using an experimental Chameleon it is working. So as soon as that version is stable we will add it to MultiBeast.
I did get 64-bit working, everything is go, but can't seem to get sound to work.

Does anyone know if 64-bit is possible WITH SOUND for the CustoMac 2010??

Thanks!

mkaen said:
MacMan said:
Using an experimental Chameleon it is working. So as soon as that version is stable we will add it to MultiBeast.
I did get 64-bit working, everything is go, but can't seem to get sound to work.

Does anyone know if 64-bit is possible WITH SOUND for the CustoMac 2010??

Thanks!
Sound works fine in 32 or 64-bit mode. I converted my CustoMac Pro from the 32-bit ATY_init GraphicsEnabler=No method to the Chameleon RC5 - ATI Experimental with no loss of audio. There is nothing in the conversion that would effect audio.

MacMan said:
Sound works fine in 32 or 64-bit mode. I converted my CustoMac Pro from the 32-bit ATY_init GraphicsEnabler=No method to the Chameleon RC5 - ATI Experimental with no loss of audio. There is nothing in the conversion that would effect audio.
Great to hear. Are you also able to run all the latest Software Updates without causing any problem? Or is it generally ill advised to run Software Update (post- successful install, of course) on one of these kinds of systems?

Many thanks for your help and info.

mkaen said:
MacMan said:
Great to hear. Are you also able to run all the latest Software Updates without causing any problem? Or is it generally ill advised to run Software Update (post- successful install, of course) on one of these kinds of systems?

Many thanks for your help and info.
Running any no hardware specific software update is OK. After any update that touches audio you will have to rollback the AppleHDA.

Any word on 6 core capability?
I'm taking the plunge into a hack because the 6 core MP is just way over priced when I can build this and have USB3 too so is the 6 core processors supported on your builds?

newrigel said:
Any word on 6 core capability?
I'm taking the plunge into a hack because the 6 core MP is just way over priced when I can build this and have USB3 too so is the 6 core processors supported on your builds?
Yes on X58 based motherboards. Check out this build, http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/ ... -2010.html as a starting point.

Hi guys,

SATA RAID question:
i've 2 spinpoint F3 1 TB sata2.

* which chip is recommended to use for hw sata raid 0? the theoretical faster marvell 6gbps (sata3) or the ich10r 3gbps (sata2) one?
* has anyone experienced sata3 drives on marvell 6gbps vs. sata2 drives on ich10 6gbps?
* whats the benefit of hw sata raid vs. osx sw raid vs. non raid?
* whats about bootloader on raid 0 (hw/sw)?

sorry, generally I'm not a fan of forums plattform for providing such information, because you've to spend a lot of time to get through of all the pages,... what was discussed,... which stuff work at which versions,... etc.

That's why I've created more or less a summary, it can be found here:
http://hd-recording.at/dokuwiki/doku.ph ... acppro2010

I appreciate any feedback and advice,
thanks a lot guys,

nean

Is This build ok ?

Intel Core i7-930 Quadcore-Prozessor 2,80GHz, 8MB L3-Cache, QPI DDR3 LGA1366

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5770 Grafikkarte (PCI-e, 1GB GDDR5 Speicher, HDMI, DVI, 1 GPU)

Corsair PC-12800 Core i7 Arbeitsspeicher 3GB (1600MHz, 3x 1GB, 3x 240, Unbuffered, DIMM, 8-8-8-24) DDR3 Kit

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Mainboard Sockel 1366 Intel X58 Express DDR3 Speicher ATX

Samsung Spinpoint F1 640GB

LC-Power Pro-915B Gehäuse ATX Midi 420W

Need I an other case (under 50€) or an other power supply (more W for 60 € )

I don't speak much english I'm a german . I don't no much english grammar and spelling . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back