Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks blackstaff.
I'll take a look at in similar config to yours (i3 + H77)
This project is for Christmas, so I've some times to prepare it, by reading the forum :)

I have a question... When you install a Hackintosh into this system... you can still install windows regularly, right? Or do you use bootcamp?

@JohannP It might be better to just dual boot Windows from another HDD or SSD.

@redlion Hmm... I only plan to have one SSD... is it possible to partition the SSD and have it dual boot? I know bootcamp can do that, too. Okay, I'm just thinking out loud...

Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

I just pulled the trigger and bought all the parts for the mini deluxe. My first hackintosh. I wish it hadn't come to this!:oops:

Cases......????????

Just a question would the Gigabyte board fit into the old ANTEC ARIA case. I see a few of these on sale on eBay for 30 bucks... .looks promising if the board will fit.

I purchased the listed hardware all I need now is a case. Also I made a few changes to my purchase I purchased 16GB RAM from microcenter.....seen here. http://microcenter.com/product/3851...8_Desktop_Memory_Kit_(Two_8GB_Memory_Modules)

I also purchased this Blu Ray DVD burner seen here.. http://microcenter.com/product/400619/IHES112-04_12x_Blu-ray-DVD_Combo_Drive

All i need is a good case... I want to keep it small. The ones on this thread at the beginning seemed okay but the infinity is too large and the other one has bad reviews due to heating /lack of good cooling issues. Will my board fit into the ante aria. I am going to use the system for music production and photoshop an occasional game. Can someone help me.??????:shifty::shifty::shifty:

What do you think about the Intel Core i3-3225 versus the CPU used by the new Imacs?

What do you think about the Intel Core i3-3225 versus the CPU used by the new Imacs?

Slowest, cheapest HD 4000 processor... save your money and get the i5-3570K if possible. Not a bad CPU though, with hyperthreading on, it is ALMOST like a 4 core CPU with no ability to overclock.

I'm looking to build a custom mini (my first one) with the following parts :
MB: Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
RAM: Corsair memory 8GB Vengence Performance Kit (2x4GB)
HD: Samsung 250GB SSD and Seagate Baracuda 1TB

My question is : is it perfectly compatible to run MacOS ? I don't want to have any freeze or something which don't work ?

thanks for your advice

It works perfectly !! The only thing I am personally experiencing is the odd popping of the speakers every now and then....

There is a guide to follow here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...ip-build-ga-z77n-wifi-i5-3570k-hd-6870-a.html

My advice would be to stick to the z77 not h77 Hope this helps :)

Slowest, cheapest HD 4000 processor... save your money and get the i5-3570K if possible. Not a bad CPU though, with hyperthreading on, it is ALMOST like a 4 core CPU with no ability to overclock.

Thanks for your answer. If I build a custom mac mini (no deluxe edition) but with the i5-3570K processor , do I have any problem with the temperature or anything ? I think I dont need a GeForce graphic card because my monitor has 1920x1200 pixels of resolution and I dont play games. I just going to use the computer for coding and typical uses.
Usually I use at the some time: eclipse, coda2, Evernote, photoshop, 10-20 open web pages, maybe itunes.

For this use, do you think that if I buy now the i5, will I can use the computer some years more than the with i3?

Thanks again, and I apologise for any mistakes in my English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back