Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Has anyone been able to get the sleep and WOL working on the H77N-WIFI ? I am using the CustoMac Mini spec (i.e. i3 3225, H77N-WIFI, 8GB Cosair, ML 10.8.2) but have not be able to get this working.

@msinbad:
For sleep, set darkwake=no in /Extra .plist. Default it is set to =0. Took care of my sleep problem. WOL appears to be a problem. No joy on my system either...

Ordered the deluxe kit, then got it and couldn't use the wifi card i was advised to use. The Z77N has only the PCIEx16 slot which is home to the gt660... is there an adapter for mini pcia x1 to full x1?

Thanks blackstaff, the darkwake setting did the trick for the sleep. For the WOL, I checked with the Gigabyte support staff and after a few tries using a Win 7 partition, they inform me that this motherboard doesn't support WOL :banghead: See their message below (in italics)

After confirmation, due to the specification, this motherboard doesn't support WOL feature. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not sure if this is really the case or just that they wanted to close off the problem ticket :(

Two Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI Questions..

The Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI board has a built in mini pci WIFI card, however in the recommened build section there is a link to a "TP-Link PCI Express" wifi card, two questions:

1) Does the onboard wifi card work out of the box with Mountain Lion?

2) This board has a dual BIOS/UEFI, if I use UEFI will I need to use a DSDT file?

Thanks!

The Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI board has a built in mini pci WIFI card, however in the recommened build section there is a link to a "TP-Link PCI Express" wifi card, two questions:

1) Does the onboard wifi card work out of the box with Mountain Lion?

2) This board has a dual BIOS/UEFI, if I use UEFI will I need to use a DSDT file?

Thanks!

1, No the wifi card doesn't work at all , But the blutooth does ootb
2, No DSDT needed unless you want hdmi audio

My advice would be to get the Z77N as you cant o/c with the H77

Sorry, what does "o/c" stand for?

LOL, knew what overclocking was but o/c just drew me a blank, I've never bothered to o/c as any new mobo/cpu is fast enough for me, already orered the H77 anyway as I wanted to go with the mini Apex cube case.

Will I get any audio without a DSDT?

I'm assuming the H77 uses the same audio kexts as the Z77 being virtually the same board , Just install the 892 kext without DSDT, Lnx2Mac network kext and system definitions I used iMac 12.2 then your golden .

EDIT : Choose MacPro 3,1 when selecting system definitions , iMac 12.2 made my speakers "pop" a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back