Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is my first "without DSDT" build, so I expect almost OOTB process, how wrong can one be...
Long story short, I couldn't get the HD4000 work. I can see it in "About this mac", but the WRAM size is set to 0 MB.
But the best is that 2 or 3 times it worked /with correct amount of RAM/, but after I reboot, it was away again, endless gray screen and I could boot only in safe mode.
I would appreciate any input.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 10.59.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-10-20 at 10.59.03 PM.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 126
Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

anyone have a recommendation for a mini PCIe wireless card that works out of the box? I would like to leave the PCI express slot open for a graphics card later; wireless is a must.

Thanks!

Atheros 9280, you should be able to get one on eBay for $10. It doesn't have Bluetooth, so if that's something you need, you'll need something separate (USB dongle or real apple chip soldered to a USB header cable).

Atheros 9280, you should be able to get one on eBay for $10. It doesn't have Bluetooth, so if that's something you need, you'll need something separate (USB dongle or real apple chip soldered to a USB header cable).

Thanks!

Turns out, after about an hour of looking, I made this post, then 5 mins later I found this http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/58146-guide-airport-half-mini-pcie.html

But thats what I came up with also. After spending hours getting my laptop to work, I would like my next computer to work much easier.

this is my first "without DSDT" build, so I expect almost OOTB process, how wrong can one be...
Long story short, I couldn't get the HD4000 work. I can see it in "About this mac", but the WRAM size is set to 0 MB.
But the best is that 2 or 3 times it worked /with correct amount of RAM/, but after I reboot, it was away again, endless gray screen and I could boot only in safe mode.
I would appreciate any input.
The HD4000 works fine on my H77N-WIFI with an i3-3225 and no DSDT.

How did you install Mountain Lion?

Hi,

my board is the same, CPU is i7 3770, installation method - UniBeast 1.5.3 + MultieBeast 5.1.2 (with DSDT for HDMI audio) - see attachment, exact as in Official CustoMac Mini 2012 Guide and Notes.
(But I couldn't reach the desktop without -x with UniBeast. I made the whole installation process also on a real Mac and than swap the HDD to my Hack, but no difference, same problem)

BIOS settings are as in this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

The funny thing is that after it works without safe mode (see second attachment) I have installed Little Snitch and bye - again the same problem 0 MB WRAM.

Attachments

• hdmi.jpg
    hdmi.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 512MB.jpg
    512MB.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 155

My mini custom Mac is the TonyMac barebones Custom Mac Mini....GA-H77N-wifi plus an Intel i5-3570k, and no graphics card (using Intel 4000). System 10.8.2

I've re-installed with Multibeast 5.1.2 over a dozen times. Booting is not a problem. System speed is great.

HOWEVER:

Sleep does not work even with please sleep.
Display sleep causes the screen to turn white.
In Safari, ads on the page blink incessantly, even on this page.
In iPhoto, pictures show up in small view, but the screen turns black when double clicking a picture to show it full screen.

Does anyone without a video card have better luck with video?

My mini custom Mac is the TonyMac barebones Custom Mac Mini....GA-H77N-wifi plus an Intel i5-3570k, and no graphics card (using Intel 4000). System 10.8.2

I've re-installed with Multibeast 5.1.2 over a dozen times. Booting is not a problem. System speed is great.

HOWEVER:

Sleep does not work even with please sleep.
Display sleep causes the screen to turn white.
In Safari, ads on the page blink incessantly, even on this page.
In iPhoto, pictures show up in small view, but the screen turns black when double clicking a picture to show it full screen.

Does anyone without a video card have better luck with video?

I have none of those issues on the H77N + i3-3225... :think:

The Corsair 650TX modular PSU will cause fits for people trying to squeeze it (and the cabling) into the small PSU compartment in the BitFenix Prodigy. The Silverstone ST45F-G (450W, SFX form factor, fully modular, 80+ gold efficiency rating) is a far easier solution to install. This PSU has all of the cable options you'll need (2x PCI-E, 24pin and 12V CPU, Molex and SATA) and it includes an SFX-to-ATX adapter plate for clean installation. I have it powering my Radeon HD6870, 2 SSDs, a few fans and a liquid CPU cooling system (Antec Kuhler 620) without problems.

Tony,

Any suggestions as to what I should do?
Thanks.

(Out of curiosity, what darkwake state do you use?)

Here is my Chameleon plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=2 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

With the new refresh of Apple devices, does this add more compatibility to a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back