Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

This a Thunderbolt v1 10Gbps chipset. The Thunderbolt v2 20Gbps chipset motherboards will be released in mid-late October 2013.

I am confused... So will the board I posted the link to work with a new hackintosh build? I pulled the trigger and ordered it. Should I send it back? Will I have issues with getting it set up? Please :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::beachball:.

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH

It will work fine. It just that it has Thunderbolt v1 (10Gbps) rather than v2 (20Gbps). My "Thunderball" build is working fine with Thunderbolt v1. However, unless you're going to use one of the new upcoming 4K resolution monitors in the future, you probably won't notice the difference.

That being said, I am waiting for v2, but I'm going to use it to test the tonymacx86 software.

It will work fine. It just that it has Thunderbolt v1 (10Gbps) rather than v2 (20Gbps). My "Thunderball" build is working fine with Thunderbolt v1. However, unless you're going to use one of the new upcoming 4K resolution monitors in the future, you probably won't notice the difference.

That being said, I am waiting for v2, but I'm going to use it to test the tonymacx86 software.

Had me worried for a second. I took a chance on this board becuase I dont' see it listed in the recommended parts section of the custom build forums. Are you certain all of the features will work with the board ?

It should. It's audio and Ethernet chipsets are supported by MultiBeast.

WHY@@!!!1:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Checked the online reatiler and it says not shipped. Also says PreOrder. How can it be a pre order... I am getting ready to cancel the order. I knew it was too good to be true. So I wait like everyone else for the new boards.

hey guys.
it says in the post that

"
We recommend these specific Gigabyte 8-series motherboards because they don't require a DSDT, and will most likely have native power management. They also have supported audio and network controllers."

so its not 100% , right ?

hey guys.
it says in the post that

"
We recommend these specific Gigabyte 8-series motherboards because they don't require a DSDT, and will most likely have native power management. They also have supported audio and network controllers."

so its not 100% , right ?

Sorry- that line was a little unclear. As of 10.8.5 all of these boards have native sleep/wake functionality without needing a bios patch or DSDT. Thanks for pointing it out- I've made the correction. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back