Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

With 10.8.5, does it mean I do not need Haswell Helper when using Unibeast on my Z87X Mobo and Haswell chip ?
Haswell Helper is not needed for 10.8.5 as it has Haswell support. :thumbup: Haswell Helper was only for 10.8.4 as stated in the announcement for Haswell Helper.

Can someone please answer me this, does this fix playing iTunes store video content? I just built a mini-itx z77, only to find I can't watch shows bought on the apple store, if haswell fixes it, ill upgrade, if anyone can, please let me know if it plays!

Whether asus motherboard is supported (h87-pro)?

We've tested the Customac Builds. The other motherboards, which are listed in the Motherboards section of the Buyer's Guide, have similar audio and Ethernet chipsets. For the previous August 2013 Buyers Guide with Ivy Bridge recommendations, see after the last post on this page, left, under the Similar Threads heading.

I did ask this before somewhere. Is it possible to add the mac ID with those boards?

With info received/read from others, the ID should be based upon hardware contained at the mobo and OS X installed. OS X has a set of hardware supported, hence the ID is used by OS X installed to know if the target machine would be compatible.

So two questions.
Is there a list that shows the mac ID with the supported hardware?
Is it possible to add a propossed mac ID with the mobo's?

My guess is that it should save a lot of trouble.

No motherboard with Thunderbolt!? Not happy

Haswell compatible motherboards with Thunderbolt have been announced but not released. Gigabyte Thunderbolts motherboards are now scheduled to be release in late October 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back