Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am looking to build a hackintosh for my first build.
I am looking to get the Gigabyte GA-Z87N-WIFI Mini ITX Motherboard that is above in the list.
There is one problem though, Is there any out of the box compatible WiFi cards to replace the one built into this board.
I am a noob at this and cant seem to find a compatible card.

Are there any DVD Optical drives which are OSX compatible besides the one listed in this guide? Newegg no longer carries it, neither does Amazon (only through a 3rd party).

2GB vs 4GB

First timer here, please bare with me! Planning to build a customac mini deluxe for a run, and follow the buyer's guide. Question: Does it matter if the graphic card has 2GB or 4GB memory capacity? Would rather go for a Geforce GTX670 with 4GB, graphic velocity is the one reason i'm attempting a custom build.

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide September 2013

First timer here, please bare with me! Planning to build a customac mini deluxe for a run, and follow the buyer's guide. Question: Does it matter if the graphic card has 2GB or 4GB memory capacity? Would rather go for a Geforce GTX670 with 4GB, graphic velocity is the one reason i'm attempting a custom build.

The 4GB card might be compatible.

This particular one is though.

http://www.palit.biz/palit/wtbuy.php?lang=en

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00DB4J7LU/

I'm confused. Do any of these motherboards feature Thunderbolt? Or Firewire? I am trying to choose whether to build my 4th Hackentosh, or just get a mac mini quad. But my sound system is firewire! Can anyone point me to the solution, or should I just get a mini and abandon my Hacks?

With 10.8.5, the GA-Z87X-UD5H w/i7-4770K can't install or run unless -X is used. Some have gotten this mobo and CPU to work, even after MultiBeast, but this is a nightmare without added documentation to get through the rough parts. If I only had more time... :(

Check that: After install, -v and GraphicsEnabler=No seem to yield results.

I'm about to put back my ATi 7870 card and see if I get accelerated video or not...

The ethernet connection isn't working either, but I did install a third party driver - that might be the cause...

Others have reported success with this board, even if the integrated 4600 VPU isn't supported. Another article says ATi 7xxx series cards are supported and I'll be applying that BIOS trick too... :)

Hi, TonyMac

first of all, thank you for adding me into this forum..

may i consult u that in your buyer guide, there is one giga motherboard, GA-B75M-D3P is recommended, however, may i know that is GA-B75M-D3V is recommended as well, as this D3V also having the same chipset as D3P?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELPS.

raymond

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, TonyMac

first of all, thank you for adding me into this forum..

may i consult u that in your buyer guide, there is one giga motherboard, GA-B75M-D3P is recommended, however, may i know that is GA-B75M-D3V is recommended as well, as this D3V also having the same chipset as D3P?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELPS.

raymond

I just built my first Hackintosh with GA-Z87X-D3H motherboard, i7 4770 processor, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 graphics card and running on Mountain Lion. Installing Mountain Lion with Unibeast was successful but afterwards like many others with similar builds I was stuck on grey screen. However, I could startup with -x and install Multibeast but I have not been able to start the computer up without using -x. I'm finding many threads where others have the same problems but not many solutions. Has anyone done a similar build as mine with success? Best regards and thanks for your help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back