Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide November 2013

Hi guys i want help to set up mi i3 4130 s1150 with ga-h87-hd3 with mavericks i setit up ons1155 but i can not install it on s1150 i want help brcause i can not power up my pc and i don't want to install windows thak you a lot and i prefer to answer today my config is ,:
M/b : ga-h87-hd3
Cpu : intel core i3 4130
Ram : corsair xms3 4 gb
Gpu :, hd 4400
Hdd :WD Red 1tb
Psu : 450 watt

The HD4400 graphics not supported at this time. You will require a GPU card to get your build to work.

Adrian B

Hey guys, I plan to make this into a hackintosh. Well, rather I'd like to try. Could anyone tell me if there are any incompatibilities?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1413486

Thanks a lot :)

The only component in there that is really going to give you a headache is the motherboard. Right now, only Gigabyte motherboards using their newer UEFI BIOS are out of the box compatible with no DSDTs required, and only a single SSDT required using the DropSSDT=Yes argument in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist if you want HDMI audio when using an nVidia GPU with that capability (the SSDT is provided by Toleda in his HDMI Audio Guide for Mavericks).

The rest of the components in that builds are OK, but as I said, unless you're comfortable delving into DSDT editing, stick with a Gigabyte motherboard.

To follow up on this ... you say that Intel integrated graphics is supported as of 10.8.5 / 10.9. But I would need to install SnowLeopard first, and then upgrade to Mavericks on top of that, if I read the instructions correctly. So if integrated graphics isn't supported in 10.6, how would that work?

Thanks,
Tom

Hi, can I use "Gigabyte GTX760 N760OC-4GD 4096MB"? Thanks :)

To follow up on this ... you say that Intel integrated graphics is supported as of 10.8.5 / 10.9. But I would need to install SnowLeopard first, and then upgrade to Mavericks on top of that, if I read the instructions correctly. So if integrated graphics isn't supported in 10.6, how would that work?

Thanks,
Tom

Tonymac has a guide for installing Snow Leopard temporarily on a Haswell based system that should suffice quite nicely for your needs. You can jettison Snow Leopard after you've gotten a working Mountain Lion or Mavericks installation going.

Hello

I want to create a new built based on a i7 4770.
I have selected a GA motherboard from the list.
My question though is, whether there is PCIe based storage, which can be used for booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back