Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide, keep up the good work

Article: Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2013

Hi,

If i use the GA-Z77X-UP5-TH with Intel i7-3770 do i still have to buy a Graphics card for a successfull mountain lion hackintosh installation?

I am not a gamer so i don't need a graphics card. Will i be able to just use the onboard HD4000 graphics with my configuration?

I am using this set up, and am quite happy with the on board graphics. I may add a video card at some point, but everything is just great at it is.
However I am not able to successfully run two monitors while in booted into OSX. Video works fine on both monitors in BIOS, and Windows8, but ML 10.8.2 will only show clear video on one monitor or the other at a time. It may work better If I had two of the exact same model of monitor, I have one Dell 24 and one 19" samsung, so the video is scrambled on one of them in OSX.

see http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-ga-z77x-up5-th-other-goodies.html#post531571

Edit: I grabbed a second Dell 24 inch monitor and it is still scrambled on on of the monitors in ML. Oh well...

I might be a good idea to add GA-Z77-HD4 and GA-Z77-HD3 onto the list. Both of them use use Realtek audio 887 and LAN instead of Atheros

I am wondering why the mainboard Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H is not included in these lists. As far as I remember, it was included in some earlier recommendations.

(btw, I am running this board together with a XEON E3-1230V2 CPU and a Ati HD 6870 with no problems and both GA-H77-DS3H + XEON E3-1230V2 CPU are a real price burners compared to the performance you get).
We removed it as the GA-Z77-DS3H is only $5 more and will support over clocking for greater flexibility.

I noticed that in the upgraded gtx 670 the asus brand is gone. I was going to buy the Asus gtx 670 TOP version. Does this mean that the gtx 670 top version of asus is no longer supported by OSX?

Tahnk you and two Questions:
1.)
Will a Quadcore Intel Xeon E3-1230V2 run with the Software? I know it has no Graphic and no Overlocking.

2.)
Can you say something general to Compatibility of Nvidia GTX 5xx Series Graphic Cards. Or did you just list the GTX 6xx Series only because they are the most recent option?

I have a GTX 560Ti which I want still use with this Z77...UP5 TH Mainboard.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back