Contribute
Register

BUILD: Intel i7 3770T with Zotac z77 ITX WiFi hackmini 6,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you didn't rebuild Kernel Cache, so you still have IOath3kfrmwr.kext in your KC, even though gone from /S/L/E...

Noob quest: does repairing permissions rebuild KC automatically? If not, what should I do?

Noob quest: does repairing permissions rebuild KC automatically? If not, what should I do?

No -- it does not. There are many choices, but I use Kext Wizard...

KC rebuilt, no IOath3kfrmwr.kext, and cold boot: still bluetooth is active. A bit confused.
Maybe another bootable partition (my first 10.8.2 boot drive) has something to do with it?
or my windows 7 hd?
Really, I don't get it

KC rebuilt, no IOath3kfrmwr.kext, and cold boot: still bluetooth is active. A bit confused.
Maybe another bootable partition (my first 10.8.2 boot drive) has something to do with it?
or my windows 7 hd?
Really, I don't get it

Look at your Console system.log to verify that IOath3kfrmwr.kext is not loading...
Also, verify your IDs in ioreg (are they the original or post-firmware loading IDs...)
Check also bdmesg to see what Chimera is loading...

or my windows 7 hd?
Really, I don't get it

Also, check to be sure you don't have some other software loading firmware for you. Wasn't there another solution involving a launchd daemon floating around too (the issue being, perhaps, it won't work after sleep)?

- In console system log there's a huge amount of stuff, this is the last time it shows IOath3kfrmwr
Code:
Feb 25 20:31:04 localhost com.apple.kextd[12]: Kext id org.rehabman.driver.IOath3kfrmwr not found; removing personalities from kernel.
- In my actual IOReg values are the same as pre-install (IoReg 3 attached)
- I attach a copy of bdmesg (I don't knoe what to find)
- what kind of software can load bt firmware for me? I don't think I used

Attachments

• ioreg 3.zip
    415.1 KB · Views: 84
  • bdmesg.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 81
- In console system log there's a huge amount of stuff, this is the last time it shows IOath3kfrmwr
Code:
Feb 25 20:31:04 localhost com.apple.kextd[12]: Kext id org.rehabman.driver.IOath3kfrmwr not found; removing personalities from kernel.
- In my actual IOReg values are the same as pre-install (IoReg 3 attached)
- I attach a copy of bdmesg (I don't knoe what to find)
- what kind of software can load bt firmware for me? I don't think I used

I was referring to the software mentioned by MacintoshHealer in the other thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/16474-enabling-bluetooth-p8p67-boards-bt-211-a.html

But maybe the firmware is already present on your device from power up (an actual ROM) and does not have to be loaded? Different firmware, though, that presents itself as cf3/3002 (vs. the firmware from linux which is cf3/3005).

mmm... do you think a fresh install (other partition, same ssd) could answer to these questions?

I don't think there is much unusual happening here. After all OS X recognizes cf3/3005, so why would we necessarily expect it to reject cf3/3002.

The only thing that IOath3kfrmwr.kext does for you is allow you to push different firmware to it. So, if ever find firmware that works "better" than what you already have present, you can take advantage of it...

But we can tell that IOathfrmwr.kext is not loading on your system by the fact that it doesn't show up in system.log, and that it doesn't change the device to cf3/3005.

I agree, of course. Maybe installing Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Suite in windows "flashed" the Rom

Two more statements:
1 - Sleep doesn't work if a BT device is paired (works without BT devices powered on)
2 - Allow Bluetooth devices to wake up from sleep in advanced BT is greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back