Contribute
Register

BUILD: Intel i7 3770T with Zotac z77 ITX WiFi hackmini 6,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giacomo, when i understood right you have windows installed as well. Could you install the latest BT drivers for windows from zotac and extract the firmware (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\AtherosBt.bin) and send it to me or join it here. I have no windows so i cant do it.

Thanks!

Giacomo, when i understood right you have windows installed as well. Could you install the latest BT drivers for windows from zotac and extract the firmware (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\AtherosBt.bin) and send it to me or join it here. I have no windows so i cant do it.

Thanks!

I didn't find AtherosBt.bin, all the stuff I found about atheros is in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\atheros_bth.inf_amd64_neutral_387d8e6af04d1805
Is this what you need? I'm not so confident with this stuff

EDIT: May be this could help?

Attachments

• atheros_bth.inf_amd64_neutral_387d8e6af04d1805.rar
    252.4 KB · Views: 93
Booting with Ubuntu live cd and assuming ath3k-1.fw is the firmware for ar3011, I typed in terminal
Code:
locate ath3k
founding this
Code:
/lib/firmware/ath3k-1.fw
/lib/modules/3.2.0-23-generic-pae/kernel/drivers/bluetooth/ath3k.ko
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-23-generic-pae/include/config/bt/ath3k.h
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.2.0-23-generic-pae/include/config/bt/hciuart/ath3k.h

Hope this could help

Attachments

• ath.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 96
thanks G. but i think this is only the header to compile a kernel module for linux... anyway the firmware what i am using actually is from linux, and it has some issues with magic mouse... its from this thread and you can download it there: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/16474-enabling-bluetooth-p8p67-boards-bt-211-a.html

there is also a link to a uploader with a windows firmware...

and last but not least... if you have a windows partition with a working BT (put the latest driver from zotac website), BT under OS X should work after a warm reboot from windows.

greetings

Installed ath3k-firmware-uploader-V2.tar from the post you linked (thanks!)
It works, except:
- random freezing magic mouse indeed;
- the bios and chimera don't see it.
But that's a huge step I'd say!

Installed ath3k-firmware-uploader-V2.tar from the post you linked (thanks!)
It works, except:
- random freezing magic mouse indeed;
- the bios and chimera don't see it.
But that's a huge step I'd say!

did you try to boot into windows with installed BT drivers first and than into os x (without uploading firmware)? Can you tell me if this way magic mouse works better under os x? (if yes, its worth to dig for the bt firmware in windows drivers)

I don't use windows so much, but in a couple of hours it happened. Never did that with belkin dongle.
Second point, as I previous posted, no bios nor chimera: I think givin' up with this won't be a big deal! What do you think?

EDIT: totally unsuccessfull! I can confirm that freezing Magic Mouse issue still remains in Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and not just randomly, but periodically it stops working for a minute or so, then cursor comes back to life! The device is ok, tested on different original Mac and on this machine with Belkin F8T016 flawlessly. :thumbdown:

thanks for all your help/research so far! I will put this project on stand-by until new drivers with better firmware will come out or an atheros BT 3k device known to work well under os x will show up so we could use its firmware for our device. With RehabMan's help i will still try to make work the firmware uploader kext (IOath3kfrmwr.kext), he pointed me to his src code i am experimenting with it right now - if it works, we'll have everything ready to welcome new good working BT firmware on our zotacs!

MacintoshHealer

Attachments

• Z.jpg
    Z.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,531
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back