Contribute
Register

[BUG] Black screen 3 minutes after booting, CoffeeLake UHD 630

You can follow this guide for HWP + X86PlatformPlugin. I did and had 0 problems with sleep but P States are very less as compared to PluginType=True, so I'll be using that.
AppleLPC, x86PlatformPlugin, AGPMController everything loads in ioreg using the above mentioned guide as it uses a combo of PluginType=True and HWP. :)
Did not work for me.
config.plist kernel patch->check.
ssdt-pr.aml->check
SMBIOS HWP->check

Did not work for me.
ssdt-pr.aml->check
SMBIOS HWP->check
Explain in detail what happens when you put system to sleep. Choose Apple Logo->Sleep.

Did not work for me.
ssdt-pr.aml->check
SMBIOS HWP->check

SSDT-PR.aml not needed with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.
(they do the same thing and therefore are mutually exclusive).

Also, it is possible (even likely) you coded SSDT-PR.aml incorrectly.

Explain in detail what happens when you put system to sleep. Choose Apple Logo->Sleep.

No apple logo. seen clearly in light(backlight problems, you know). My device shuts down instead of reboot while yours used to reboot.

SSDT-PR.aml not needed with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.
(they do the same thing and therefore are mutually exclusive).

Also, it is possible (even likely) you coded SSDT-PR.aml incorrectly.
Dropped the ssdt-pr.aml.

Whatevergreen is causing no problems in my laptop.

Hey, I found a solution for my black screen. I remove Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext from L/E and EFI/CLOVER/Kexts. Now I don't have the 3 minutes of black screen.

I try to restart, and power off. It works. So I think it would be and error with those kexts.

Hey, I found a solution for my black screen. I remove Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext from L/E and EFI/CLOVER/Kexts. Now I don't have the 3 minutes of black screen.

I try to restart, and power off. It works. So I think it would be and error with those kexts.

UPDATE: I have more information. After this I change a value on config.plist with Clover Configurator and I have again 3 min of black screen. But I try another thing: Put again Lilu and Whatevergreen on L/E and EFI/KEXTS/OTHER. Restart. And remove again the kexts from L/E and EFI/CLover... Restart.... and no black screen.

I restart and turn off my laptop three times and it works.

I can't understand why, but it works.

UPDATE: I have more information. After this I change a value on config.plist with Clover Configurator and I have again 3 min of black screen. But I try another thing: Put again Lilu and Whatevergreen on L/E and EFI/KEXTS/OTHER. Restart. And remove again the kexts from L/E and EFI/CLover... Restart.... and no black screen.

I restart and turn off my laptop three times and it works.

I can't understand why, but it works.
I wrote at the start that it is a case of more often than not. Also, using backlight injector will give black screen definitely.

Back