Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
Thanks for clicking this. I've been having trouble booting into Mac OS High Sierra for a while. I have tried multiple USB drives and nothing seems to work. Below is the screen I get when I boot up. I have all the recommended BIOS settings as well. Any help is appreciated!
Specs:
GTX 950
i7 6700K
IMG_0520.jpg

Hi!
Thanks for clicking this. I've been having trouble booting into Mac OS High Sierra for a while. I have tried multiple USB drives and nothing seems to work. Below is the screen I get when I boot up. I have all the recommended BIOS settings as well. Any help is appreciated!
Specs:
GTX 950
i7 6700K
View attachment 290336
Boot into verbose mode and attach a photo of it.
To boot with verbose mode:
1. Navigate with arrow keys, selecting the installer within the Clover screen.
2. Hit spacebar, and tick the -v (verbose) in the list.
3. Select "boot with selected options".

Okay I will try this :)
Edit: It did not work :(

Last edited:
Boot into verbose mode and attach a photo of it.
To boot with verbose mode:
1. Navigate with arrow keys, selecting the installer within the Clover screen.
2. Hit spacebar, and tick the -v (verbose) in the list.
3. Select "boot with selected options".
IMG_0524.jpg IMG_0526.jpg IMG_0529.jpg I don't think it liked that very much

Attachments

• IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 88
Okay, that's mostly a graphics problem.
I have encountered this before, and using iGPU during installation instead of dedicated GPU helped.
It seems that Nvidia GPUs have issues regarding using vesa mode in 10.13.

Btw, verbose mode isn't a way to actually solve but show you where the problem is, therefore it is neither "working" nor "not working" ;)
Cool Thanks! So I should try to do it again with the verbose mode without my GPU? And when is it okay to put it back in. Thanks so much!!!

Cool Thanks! So I should try to do it again with the verbose mode without my GPU? And when is it okay to put it back in. Thanks so much!!!
Yes, installing with the iGPU is a good idea.
After completing the installation (When you are able to reach the new desktop) can you start messing up with the dGPU.

Yes, installing with the iGPU is a good idea.
After completing the installation (When you are able to reach the new desktop) can you start messing up with the dGPU.
Unfortunately, I could not get this method to work. Now, when I try to boot from the USB, the screen goes black for a few seconds then returns back to clover. I am still able to boot windows, though. I have put back the GPU and it doesn't even load it just goes black and back to clover. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks :lol:

Unfortunately, I could not get this method to work. Now, when I try to boot from the USB, the screen goes black for a few seconds then returns back to clover. I am still able to boot windows, though. I have put back the GPU and it doesn't even load it just goes black and back to clover. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks :lol:
Same as before, use verbose mode to get more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back