Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

@t98986

I hear you. But the ASUS spec for the MB says "Intel Wireless-AC 9560" which surely means it is the CNVi connection standard. So how can it work in the connector?

Also on Amazon I asked a direct question and got a direct NO:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B083YXS7VF/ref=ask_al_saq_ql_hza

The module suggested will NOT operate in the Intel CNVi slot on this Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus motherboard.

Read this. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00k-sapphire-rx580-pulse-build.272572/#DW1560

Has anyone had any Catalina BT success with this BCM94360HMB from Amazon? The WiFi works fine OOB in a Dell 9020 USFF with the supplied slot on the motherboard. The BT will work in Mint Linux and Windows 10. I tried BrcmPatchRam3, which worked last year in early builds of Catalina. But nothing thus far.

Has anyone had any Catalina BT success with this BCM94360HMB from Amazon? The WiFi works fine OOB in a Dell 9020 USFF with the supplied slot on the motherboard. The BT will work in Mint Linux and Windows 10. I tried BrcmPatchRam3, which worked last year in early builds of Catalina. But nothing thus far.
Here are a few to test with.

Attachments

• Bluetooth kexts.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 193
Thanks. I will let you know. As I understand the guides, you can use either Dat or Repo, but not both.
I tried these in L/E and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. They don't work with BCM94360HMB, the almost OOB card. (The wifi speed is 200 mbps with just the two antennas and placement in the far side of the house.)

I tried these in L/E and EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. They don't work with BCM94360HMB, the almost OOB card. (The wifi speed is 200 mbps with just the two antennas and placement in the far side of the house.)
With Apple the Bluetooth is tied to USB function. Have mapped out your ports?

I bought the BCM94352HMB card based on recommendations here and I've been trying for a week for hours at a time every possible configuration here and in other threads and nothing works. Have never seen any indication of wifi. In "Network" settings I have a non-functioning "Bluetooth PAN" and that's it.

I've tried using ncvo patch, not using it, the kexts IN this thread in L/E, those kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other, the same with BrcmFirmwareRepo instead of BrcmFirmwareData. I've tried the route in this thread with AirportBrcmFixup + Lilu in many different ways. Nothing works at all. It's been pretty demoralizing. I've attached my current config.plist, my ioreg, my bootlog, and screenshots of the kexts in my L/E and Clover/other folders

If anyone can help it'd make my day!

P.S. I was on Catalina but have downgraded to Mojave. Same situation on both.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    27.4 KB · Views: 39
  • config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 68
  • ioreg.ioreg
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.25.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.25.25 AM.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.28.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 12.28.16 AM.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 68
Hello all, I just installed a BCM94360CD but it doesn't connect to 5.8ghz, just 2.8ghz. It tells me my Wi-Fi network requires a WPA2 password. All other devices are connected using the same password and I made sure I was putting in the correct password. The bluetooth functions just fine. What am I missing here?

Back