Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

I have never heard of such thing ('CNVI'), but they do seem to exist. Does it completely block non intel WIFI card? or does it cause problems in the WIFI connection?

My motherboard is https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370M-ITXac/#Specification and I have replaced the WIFI module with BCM94360NG. (without knowing such CNVI restriction & I don't think my MB has that restriction according to the specification)

Once I replaced board WIFI with new BCM94360NG, WIFI does work somewhat (both WIFI & Bluetooth). However, Wireless soon drops connection once in a minute, and eventually it cannot connect to the internet. According to other users and the seller, the BCM94360NG WIFI card should be natively supported by MacOS. More importantly, this WIFI card works perfectly fine in Windows in my dual boot, but it does not seem to work well in my Hackintosh.

It drops connection often, and then it eventually shuts off. (I can't seem to turn WIFI on). I wasn't sure if this could be related to using 'CNVI' type that you talked about. Do you think such CNVI could cause this problem?
It seems only the Gigabyte z390 boards have a whitelist. Asus, ASRock, MSI can change the WiFi.

Does that card suppose to work when my motherboard has Intel LAN (which is enabled with IntelMausi.kext)? Everyone was recommending that card, so I recently bought that card, and installed in my MB.

However, internet connection drops like crazy, and eventually it cannot connect to WIFI until rebooted. I am unsure if this is due to conflict in Kexts or due to Wrong ACPI configuration.

My kexts.

View attachment 470826

My Acpi screen
View attachment 470827

DPCI Manager screenshot
View attachment 470828

The only thing I can comment on is that the card works flawlessly for me. I installed it on my m.2 slot on my Lenovo T550 laptop which is Intel platform based.

Yes but the antenna connectors can be a problem. Many of these are too loose. The cable come off.
It should come with a plastic cover that keeps those connections in place if ordered from the Amazon link. If not I’m sure you could find one somewhere.

Last edited:
don’t waste your time on that card and all of the headaches trying to get it to work.

Plug & Play Hackintosh M.2 NGFF... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083YXS7VF/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Use the one above in this link, it works out of the box with no additional kext files.

I ordered one as you suggested.

Does this work in the INTEL Wifi slot on the MB, or does it work in the NVMe slot with or without an adapter?

There are 3 questions there:
1. Directly replace the Intel Wifi - no adapter
2. Use the NVMe slot with an adapter - and no USB ancillary connection
3. Use the NVMe slot without any adapter

Sorry to be so OCD. ;)

I ordered one as you suggested.

Does this work in the INTEL Wifi slot on the MB, or does it work in the NVMe slot with or without an adapter?

There are 3 questions there:
1. Directly replace the Intel Wifi - no adapter
2. Use the NVMe slot with an adapter - and no USB ancillary connection
3. Use the NVMe slot without any adapter

Sorry to be so OCD. ;)

If you look at the description information on Amazon, Connector interface: M.2 ngff wifi - based on that and my experience, I would say a direct replacement of the m.2 Intel card.

If you look at the description information on Amazon, Connector interface: M.2 ngff wifi - based on that and my experience, I would say a direct replacement of the m.2 Intel card.

I plugged in an older WiFi M.2 card I had lying around into that connector on the MB, and the OS didn't see the device in Windows OS. Never mind OSX. So I have the suspicion that it is not a compatible interface with the INTEL even though it is pin slot and slot key compatible. ( Wish I had noted this module ID before wrapping it in the Wifi shroud and inserting it onto the board, as now I have to disassemble everthing again to get the info.)

Look at this page from Intel: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

The page states: "Though you can insert these CRF into a standard M.2 Key E socket, they are only compatible with a system designed for the CNVi. "

So I assume the reverse is true too. Plugging a M.2 Key E module into a CNVi slot is NOT compatible??

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems only the Gigabyte z390 boards have a whitelist. Asus, ASRock, MSI can change the WiFi.

I don't think the Asus Z390 ITX wifi MB will allow a Wifi change either. Because it uses the same Intel Wifi module it seems from the spec, as the Gigabyte MB. Perhaps the ASRock Z390 will allow the swap as it seems not to be the same.

I don't think the Asus Z390 ITX wifi MB will allow a Wifi change either. Because it uses the same Intel Wifi module it seems from the spec, as the Gigabyte MB. Perhaps the ASRock Z390 will allow the swap as it seems not to be the same.
People have reported the the Asus can accept the new module. Gigabyte has a whitelist that doesn't allow any other model.

People have reported the the Asus can accept the new module. Gigabyte has a whitelist that doesn't allow any other model.

@t98986

I hear you. But the ASUS spec for the MB says "Intel Wireless-AC 9560" which surely means it is the CNVi connection standard. So how can it work in the connector?

Also on Amazon I asked a direct question and got a direct NO:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/asin/B083YXS7VF/ref=ask_al_saq_ql_hza

The module suggested will NOT operate in the Intel CNVi slot on this Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus motherboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back