Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

does BCM94352ZAE_3 DW1560 support airdrop?

Hi, everyone. Has anybody successfully got BCM94352Z work with Asus Maximus XI Hero?
I did replace the built-in Wifi/BT module with Broadcom BCM94352Z. But couldn't make it work and the wifi icon says: No hardware installed.
Now I wonder if the broadcom module is not supported by the motherboard.

Any help is appreciated.

couldn't make it work and the wifi icon says: No hardware installed.
No clue, no files attached, not helpful.
What method did you use to enable Broadcom WiFi?
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

I'm having a peculiar issue. I installed a BCM94352Z into my machine running Mojave 14.2. I was able to get wifi and bluetooth working following this guide, except that my wifi connection is dreadfully slow - around 18 Mbps on 2.4 ghz and (strangely) 0.5 mbps on the 5 ghz band. I thought maybe the slow speeds were due to a faulty card or distance from my router, but the same BCM94352Z card running on the windows partition of my machine gets around 50 mbps on 2.4 and 150 mbps on 5 ghz, which is more in line with the other devices in this room.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.6 MB · Views: 115
  • mac.ioreg
    7.5 MB · Views: 122
Here's the 5 ghz connection on both the Mac partition and the windows partition

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 9.49.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 9.49.36 PM.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 145
@toleda @jaymonkey it did work flawlessly!
View attachment 342751
(M.2-KEYM to M.2 KEYA+E adapter / M.2 KEYA+E to Mac WLAN / BCM94360CS2)

So for H370N-Wifi users and many others that don't have m2-WIFI or have m2-CNVi slots, this solution works.
It's kinda creepy with 2 adapters in a m2 key m slot!
View attachment 342752
but everything working!
View attachment 342756View attachment 342755
I managed to use the antenna cables from the original intel cnvi wlan card!
View attachment 342753
:thumbup::mrgreen:

Can you please tell, how you opened the cnvi WiFi card. I succeeded in removing the left screw. But it has a another "weird" screw that seems to connect it to the motherboard. And i can’t open it.

No success finding anything helpful re: Intel BT. Went ahead and removed the CNVi chip. I have BT with the dongle, but it seems spotty at best. Was able to connect my keyboard, but it soon loses connection. Doesn't seem like the dongle route is going to work out. Not sure if there's any fix to correct. Might go ahead and purchase the Fenvi PCI Wifi/BT. Reviews seem to indicate it works well with Hackintosh. Comments/suggestions?
Hey man, how did you remove the CNVI Chip? I can’t get rid of the "screw" that connects it to the motherboard

Back