Contribute
Register

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

Moved FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi to /L/E, problem still exists.

No statement of actual problem... did not use a quoted reply... you will need to state the issue.

No statement of actual problem... did not use a quoted reply... you will need to state the issue.

Here you go:

(Posted in Dell XPS 13 9360 guide before, repost here to get more attention)

I swap the WiFi card to DW1820A on my Dell XPS 13 9360, no KP on boot but when I switch on WiFi, there is the problem:

- SysPref Network Panel freezes
- SysInfo/WiFi also freezes
- Unable to save files

I was told that DW1820A did not work on XPS 13, but should the card be natively supported by macOS and irrelevant to what computer/laptop I use?

I really want to use this card as I purchase it only for running Hackintosh. I do not want to waste it...
Debug file attached as zip, thanks a lot.

One more thing I forgot to mention about the symptom: If I switch on WiFi, almost everything is broken. I cannot even shut down my laptop. It get stuck at the loading icon, not sure whether it is macOS or Clover...

Debug file at #191

It's not... the "General Help" forum under "Post Installation" is the place to ask for help, and be sure you read the "Problem Reporting" requirements. I can tell you, though, that I never, not once, got Unlock with Apple Watch working with that card... I only got it working by buying a BCM94360CS2 and installing it with an M.2 adapter. Now it works perfectly.

Would you point me to the right guide to make the BCM94360CS2 work?
WiFi works OOB, bluetooth not recognised not seen
Handsoff, iMessage already working but not bluetooth capabilities as of now.
thanks a lot.

Here you go:

One more thing I forgot to mention about the symptom: If I switch on WiFi, almost everything is broken. I cannot even shut down my laptop. It get stuck at the loading icon, not sure whether it is macOS or Clover...

Debug file at #191

Laptop questions best handled in the appropriate laptop forum.
You might consider BCM94252Z or BCM943602BAED instead.

Would you point me to the right guide to make the BCM94360CS2 work?
WiFi works OOB, bluetooth not recognised not seen
Handsoff, iMessage already working but not bluetooth capabilities as of now.
thanks a lot.

Post a new thread here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/general-help.10/

Explain your problem in that thread. Use the collection tool here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

...to gather the files the experts here need to be able to see to help you diagnose your problem. My BCM94360CS2/M.2 adapter combo worked perfectly out of the box. I'm about as far as you can get from an expert here, but — assuming you don't have a bad card — a stray kext or an old patch would seem a likely candidate for your bluetooth woes. The experts here can sniff that out like a fart in a car.

Post a new thread here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/general-help.10/

Explain your problem in that thread. Use the collection tool here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

...to gather the files the experts here need to be able to see to help you diagnose your problem. My BCM94360CS2/M.2 adapter combo worked perfectly out of the box. I'm about as far as you can get from an expert here, but — assuming you don't have a bad card — a stray kext or an old patch would seem a likely candidate for your bluetooth woes. The experts here can sniff that out like a fart in a car.
the fart part is fantastic!

I'm trying to solve the Bluetooth Issue.
I have this module: BCM94360CS2 (see attachment)
Inserted into this M2 adapter (my board is mITX): 12+6 pin --> NGFF (see attachment)
WiFi works OOB. iMessage works OOB. HandsOff works OOB.
BUT Bluetooth does NOT appear in ANY USB port.
So first step is to try and have bluetooth show up in USB. Then it'll be to make that work.
I attached the debug dump.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 11.42.27.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 11.42.27.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 12.01.40.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 12.01.40.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 159
  • debug_13948.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
I'm trying to solve the Bluetooth Issue.
I have this module: BCM94360CS2 (see attachment)
Inserted into this M2 adapter (my board is mITX): 12+6 pin --> NGFF (see attachment)
WiFi works OOB. iMessage works OOB. HandsOff works OOB.
BUT Bluetooth does NOT appear in ANY USB port.
So first step is to try and have bluetooth show up in USB. Then it'll be to make that work.
I attached the debug dump.
Thanks for your help!

It seems likely that adapter (and/or the slot you have it plugged into) does not provide access to the USB bus required for BT on that card.
You could verify by testing the BT controller in Windows.

This is what the manufactures declares (see attachment)
The original module I swapped has WiFi and BT 4.2, they must be using it.
Can you believe I made work even the UHD630 on the i3 8100 and macOS runs really well and my USB Key made with Rufus fails to install Windows 10 on a PC..so now I have to mess around to double check the Bluetooth module.
Unbelievable...same USB Key I installed at least 5 PC prior to this one without a single glitch...:banghead:
Then ask me why I prefer MacOS.
Anyways..thanks a lot!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 01.08.00.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 01.08.00.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 168
This is what the manufactures declares (see attachment)
The original module I swapped has WiFi and BT 4.2, they must be using it.
Can you believe I made work even the UHD630 on the i3 8100 and macOS runs really well and my USB Key made with Rufus fails to install Windows 10 on a PC..so now I have to mess around to double check the Bluetooth module.
Unbelievable...same USB Key I installed at least 5 PC prior to this one without a single glitch...:banghead:
Then ask me why I prefer MacOS.
Anyways..thanks a lot!!

Rufus is not required to create a Win10 install USB.
Microsoft provides a utility that can create the USB, or you can create one manually by formatting a USB as FAT32 and copying the DVD ISO image to it.

The adapter you're using may be the issue.

Also, read here for correct USB port configuration:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

Back