i3-8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Folks -

I will soon make changes on my config.plist file (I want to try to fix my HDMI). I will of course make a back up first of my config.plist file, in case anythings goes wrong...

What is the procedure to follow in case of my computer does not boot up du to the changes in the config.plist file? I guess I will have to boot from an USB stick in order to put back the previous config.plist file. Can I do this with a bootable USB with Unibeast on it?

Thanks to all of you for your help! :)

Arnaud

Folks -

I will soon make changes on my config.plist file (I want to try to fix my HDMI). I will of course make a back up first of my config.plist file, in case anythings goes wrong...

What is the procedure to follow in case of my computer does not boot up du to the changes in the config.plist file? I guess I will have to boot from an USB stick in order to put back the previous config.plist file. Can I do this with a bootable USB with Unibeast on it?

Thanks to all of you for your help! :)

Arnaud

Hello.

Yes, you can use your UniBeast installer drive as a rescue disk. It is already bootable. :thumbup:

Backup your complete EFI folder if you can too.

:)

UtterDisbelief : thank you for your answer!

Will I be able to access my hard drive through a Terminal-shell? Is there not privileges to deal with? (sorry if my questions are a bit naive but I want to be 100% sure of success)

Thanks again,

Arnaud

UtterDisbelief : thank you for your answer!

Will I be able to access my hard drive through a Terminal-shell? Is there not privileges to deal with? (sorry if my questions are a bit naive but I want to be 100% sure of success)

Thanks again,

Arnaud

Hi there.

It is unlikely you will need to use Terminal just to alter your config.plist for HDMI, or boot using UniBeast as a rescue medium.

However, yes you can access your hard-drive using the Terminal app on the UniBeast drive if you need to. It depends on whether its file-structure is damaged or not. If anything is corrupted then Terminal will have the same problems as Disk Utility in the GUI.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back