HD3000 Chipset
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi there,

There are many a guide for fixing the boot0 error, but none are working for me, so I've come here for help please!
I first made the computer I'm using in April, and got it all working, bootloader and all. No boot0, no problems!
This was all great, and then my grandfather wanted to buy me an SSD, a Crucial M4 64GB SSD. Which I installed by simply cloning my fully working install and putting it on the SSD. Again, this continued to work for me, no issues on bootloading. I can't remember how long this was for, but I know it was for multiple boots, but then one day I came back to my computer to find it off (strange, because normally I leave it on during the day) and when I try to boot, I get a boot0 error.
I found a short term workaround in using an iboot cd, which is still working, but after having put it off for many months, I have now decided the tackle the problem. I tried the load unibeast USB drive and use terminal to install the files, but that had seemingly no effect.
I then decided to do a full restart of my OS, again because I also have problems getting my audio working, but I'll sort that out later...
Using the unibeast USB drive I took a backup of my SSD onto a secondary hard drive, and then wiped the SSD and reinstalled Lion
I seem to be at full resolution and my ethernet (I have no wireless card) works straight away. I then started to fix the boot0 error.
I started off by selecting easybeast, no luck. I then got the DSDT for my motherboard and used userDSDT, no luck. I then did the previously mentioned method (terminal on unibeast drive), again no luck. I then selected the standard Chimera install in Multibeast, just on the off chance that would fix it, again no luck, and so here I am.
The most important thing to note I think, is that it *did* work once, and then it stopped, with no discernable reason why.

Either my computer is being very clever, or I'm being very stupid... Any ideas? I shan't take offence!

Fraser

I have just tried, having seen a few people around with multiple hard drives causing issues, removing my "Media" hard drive and trying to reboot.
This worked! No boot0! However, it also kicked my network out... The network tab in System Preferences still had the same settings, however the ethernet adaptor did not recognise that a cable was plugged in... Despite it working before (and again now that I've put the hard drive back in)
I double checked that the cable was in the back of my computer and in at the other end... (The yellow light was still on at the ethernet port)

So this leaves me puzzled...

Fraser

sounds like you're trying to boot from a disk that doesn't contain the chimera or the OS. It is possible that you have miss-set the boot priority in the bios. Pop into your bios and make sure that the disk containing chimera is the first one in the boot priority list.

sounds like you're trying to boot from a disk that doesn't contain the chimera or the OS. It is possible that you have miss-set the boot priority in the bios. Pop into your bios and make sure that the disk containing chimera is the first one in the boot priority list.

You sir, are a genius!
I've now reinstalled my kexts for networking too, and that's sorted!

Thank you so much for your help :)

Fraser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back