Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Works for me! solution 1. on 10.9

My config:

intel i5-4570 with HD 4600
GA-H87M-D3H
WD 1 TB (blue)

I am used USB to boot to the installation and follow the solution 1 step by step.
The only different was I also key /Volumes/mac(my unibeast USB name), the other parts was same as the guide.

The whole code which I used please see below:

dd if=/Volumes/mac/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Works perfectly!

Thanks for tonymacx86 and all the people who have share the good information. :headbang:

this worked like a charm for me!
i used "diskutil list" to check if my partition was indeed disk0s2

Woo Hoo it works like a charm.
Follow the first instruction, and it work like magic.

Thanks!!

Ah, the issue was that I was not booking from the USB drive and then selecting USB. I was selecting the drive I had just installed OSX onto. I believe that was a misunderstanding on how Chimura works. It must find all possible boot locations and present them on the screen.

For solution 1 you want to select "USB" on the Chimura screen. From there you'll have the ability to run Disk Utilities and Terminal from the menu after selecting language.

For the record Solution 2 did not work for me. After two reboots I would get "Waiting on root device", but so far after two reboots I can still load up my hackingtosh! If all goes well this will be the last post from me for a while. I for one am keeping my fingers crossed!

solution 1 work fine. Mavericks intall.

Gigabyte P35 Ds3
Graphics Nzidia Zotac.
Thanks

Hi all, I'm trying to get Mavericks on my Lenovo Thinkpad t60p and I've run in to the boot0 error. I've tried numerous versions of the (dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2) command however I keep getting a "no such directory" message or no operand. I also tried the SATA drive method but I'm not quite sure I understand it completely. I've used multibeast a bunch of times to try and get a boot loader on the Laptops HDD but it still won't boot without USB. Please any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hey Bravo. Thanks for the video. I tried that command in a number of combinations and I keep getting "no such file or directory" Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back