Contribute
Register

boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much! :)

Hi guys!

I just finished my 10th installation of the OS X Mavericks. Every time i get the boot0 error. i ve tried every guide that i found for this and still nothing. i even tried mutiple bios setup s and i doesnt work. on the first guide for this it gives me boot done and then 4 line of some text. if i dont do this step it boots fine from the usb an everythink works good except the graphics board (= unknown).

my config is :

Procesor Intel Core i5-3570K, LGA 1155, 22nm, 77W, 6MB (BOX) Overclocking Enabled
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7850 OC, 2GB, GDDR5, 256bit, DVI, HDMI, Mini-DisplayPort, PCI-E 3.0
Corsair Vengeance DDR3, 2x8GB, 1600Mhz (dual channel)
GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3H, Intel B75, LGA1155, DDR III, PCI-E 16x 3.0, SATA III, USB 3.0
HDD Desktop Western Digital Caviar Black, 500GB, SATA III 600, 64MB Buffer

If someone can help me and give me a little guidance on what to do i will really apreciate it. this is my first time when i tried to install OS X on a Intel based system so i can say i am a noob at this.

Thank you very much for you time!

Solution #1 worked for me using a Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200. This was one of two problems I encountered since I first fired up my build last night, both of which were easily solved by searching this awesome knowledge base. Keep up the good work guys. This place is awesome!

first method works like a charm, thanks!

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

I have the same Boot0 error like everyone else here, I've tried method 1 as method 2 is not open to me right now. So far i'm still at square one. I installed Mavericks by the book using UniBeast + MultiBeast. All my components are taken from the buyers guide which can be found here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...1st-build-heres-what-ive-gone.html#post686612

I can get into Mavericks using the usb drive and clicking Mavericks (HDD) at chimera (USB is called "Mavericks USB") but not booting straight from the hard drive I installed Mavericks on to.

so far i've tried a few different varients of the command listed here to no effect!

here's what I've tried so far:
Volumes (disk0s2 is unmounted).jpg Commands used so far (first one I made a mistake).jpg
I believe the empty sata slots are appearing because the motherboard has them enabled by default.
As you can see I made a slight typo mistake on the first attempt :thumbdown:.

This is mavericks running from the HDD it's installed on but i've had to use the UniBeast usb to boot into it

Mavericks Booted from usb stick but running on harddrive...jpg

please does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

also how do clear all previous commands in terminal?

Many Thanks Guys!

Hi.

My motherboard is GA-Z87M-UD3
I7 4770
32 gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz

I solved it with the next configuration at bios

In peripherals xhci and ehci hand off in enable.

Disable com and serial ports

:)

Article: boot0 Error: The Official Guide

Success! :headbang:

All I did was change my boot usb which was called "Mavericks USB" to just "USB", and did the steps for Solution 1 again.

Thought twice about changing my Seagate hard drive for the older 32 Megabyte cache version that's listed in the Novembers Buyers Guide. But found a suggestion on here from someone to just shorten the usb's name to "USB".
I'm guessing its easier for terminal to discover the usb with a shorter name/command.

Thanks to the person who originally posted about the name change! i'm sorry I can't remember your name.. Big thank you to tonymac and everybody else really for making these forums so helpful :thumbup:

For all the people trying to change the boot partition on Snow Leopard, follow instructions of the method number 1, but loading the boot1h from a different device for example an usb drive! Finally sorted it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back