Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
installed mountain lion with unibeast but when i try to boot without my unibeast usb i get the boot0 error, i tried terminal commands like cd /volumes/"usb drive" but every time I'm told that there's no such file or directory. this worked when i did it with snow leopard so i don't know if theres a different way to fix the boot0 error for ML or what. :crazy::banghead:

installed mountain lion with unibeast but when i try to boot without my unibeast usb i get the boot0 error, i tried terminal commands like cd /volumes/"usb drive" but every time I'm told that there's no such file or directory. this worked when i did it with snow leopard so i don't know if theres a different way to fix the boot0 error for ML or what. :crazy::banghead:

It is the same. Show us specifically what you're doing and specifically what the volume names involved are, etc.

boot up with your installation media, hopefully a usb drive

Once into the installer, choose to go to terminal. Once you are in terminal type cd /Volumes <-- Capital V there..

type ls to get a listing or ls -la to get a more verbose listing. Somewhere in there will be the USB drive. try that and let me know what you see.

ls just got me "library.forward" i tried "diskutil list" and i see both my hard drive and the usb drive with the boot1h file on it

edit: guess i was making some capitalization errors because i just tried manually copying the boot1h file to my hard drive again and it works. i can now boot from the hard drive with no problems at all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back