Contribute
Register

boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
You enabled Clover ACPI Fixes "FixShutdown"

New "friendly names" were introduced in Clover r4282
Clover r4282 and newer can handle both old ("FixShutdown_0004") & new ("FixShutdown") key.

If you have an older version then Clover r4282 update to the latest version or:
Change: config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixShutdown=true
Into: config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixShutdown_0004=true
Thank you for this BreBro. This had crossed my mind when I'd read other posts on the forum related to FixShutdown and the mention of _0004 which I couldn't see in my Clover version.

Last edited:
I identified the problem. It's the Bluetooth USB key that's waking up the system on shutdown. When I remove the key before shutting down the system, the system shuts down normally.

Anyone have an idea on how I can avoid removing the key each time before shutdown?
Is 'Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer' disabled in Bluetooth advanced preferences?

Is 'Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer' disabled in Bluetooth advanced preferences?
I didn't know there was such a thing! I thought you had found my problem when I saw that this was enabled in preferences. But on shutdown, the problem resists :(

I didn't know there was such a thing! I thought you had found my problem when I saw that this was enabled in preferences. But on shutdown, the problem resists :(
If it really is shutting down, then as GoingBald says in #10 its probably a firmware settings problem. Look in power settings for things like ERP.

ErP.png

Last edited:
If it really is shutting down, then as GoingBald says in #10 its probably a firmware settings problem. Look in power settings for things like ERP.

View attachment 304948
I tried everything in my BIOS, I attached two screenshots of my BIOS settings...

Attachments

• IMG_3046.JPG
    IMG_3046.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3047.JPG
    IMG_3047.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 107
I don't reckon MacOS is on their list for supported operating system...

I noticed another incoherence in BIOS settings. In my settings I have the "power on by keyboard" disabled but I can still switch on the system by touching any key on the keyboard.

This is getting very annoying. Even with a USB hub plugged will wake up the computer on shutdown. Is nobody experiencing this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back