Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3
CPU
Core i7-7700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
I wanted to be able to skip the boot screen at the beginning and have macOS load automatically without having to select my boot drive. I followed these instructions :
- basically it says to configure the config.plst file with a text editor, to set the timeout value to zero and to put the name of your boot hard drive as the default boot drive.

Problem is, now when I shutdown, the computer reboots after few seconds.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

@enginnheima, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Post config.plist

post output of diskutil list command in terminal

post output of diskutil list command in terminal
Last login: Fri Dec 29 10:47:44 on console

HackintoshsiMac:~ hackintosh$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *525.1 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Macintosh SSD 524.3 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *4.0 TB disk1

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1

2: Apple_HFS MEDIA 4.0 TB disk1s2

HackintoshsiMac:~ hackintosh$

So, your drive name and the Default Volume name are the same in the config.plist. Normally this works OK, but when it does not you can use other defaults with more specific info. From the Clover WiKi:
DefaultVolume
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacHDD</string>
DefaultVolume is used to specify which entry is the default boot entry in Clover GUI. See also DefaultLoader. It can be set to:

• Volume Name - The name of the volume. E.g. Macintosh.
  • GUID - Globally Unique ID of the volume shown in Clover's boot, preboot or debug log. E.g. 57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C.
  • Part of Device Path - Also shown in Clover's logs. E.g. HD(1,GPT,57272A5A-7EFE-4404-9CDA-C33761D0DB3C,0x800,0xFF000).
  • LastBootedVolume - The last booted volume will be set as default one in Clover GUI.
OS X Startup Disk can be used to reboot into another volume, but for the following reboot DefaultVolume will be used again.

DefaultLoader
<key>DefaultLoader</key>
<string>BOOTX64.efi</string>
In addition to DefaultVolume above, the path of the loader can be specified as DefaultLoader. This provides more precise default entry selection for Volumes that have multiple Loaders. The value can be the complete path or a unique portion like like file name.

The part of device path can be found by running bdmesg in terminal and scrolling through the entries until you find it:
5:964 0:001 === [ GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram ] =========================

5:964 0:000 - found entry 2. 'Boot macOS from Macintosh HD', Volume 'Macintosh HD', DevicePath 'PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Sata(0x2,0x0,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,0A488159-2FD4-423D-8050-1FEB19D9FC92,0x64028,0x1DC8F260)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,D4894A0DE6F1B249891E66918B32DDC9)\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efii'
this is the output from my build.

Thank you for this. But I don't understand where you think my problem is.

I will re-explain my problem.

1. I did set the timeout value to 0 and the default boot to my hard drive in config.plist

2. Result: My clover boot screen is gone when booting, and the computer boots straight from my system drive without my having to select the drive. This is all good, and what I was looking for.

3. But the problem is now, and this is just after I configured the config.plist file, the computer automatically reboots few seconds after shutdown. If want to shutdown the computer I have to shutdown the power supply on systems shutdown before the computer reboots on its own will.

3. But the problem is now, and this is just after I configured the config.plist file, the computer automatically reboots few seconds after shutdown. If want to shutdown the computer I have to shutdown the power supply on systems shutdown before the computer reboots on its own will.
1-2 OK, I thought it was not booting properly.
3. This is a BIOS/UEFI settings problem. Not having a Z270 board it is not something I can help you with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back