Contribute
Register

Boot Hangs on AppleIntelE1000e.kext (ASUS Z97-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GT740
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently did a fresh install of 10.10.2 using Clover because Chrimera/Multibeast was giving me weird reboot cycles on any restart.

I successfully installed 10.10.2 using Clover on a UEFI USB drive, but I had to remove the AppleIntelE1000e.kext from EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10/ because of hangs. The only kext in there was FakeSMC.kext.

To get ethernet working I tried putting the AppleIntelE1000e.kext into EFI/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10 on the EFI partition of my boot SSD, but boot will hang right after the kext loads.

So I removed it from there and put it only in S/L/E, same problem, boot hangs as soon as the AppleIntelE1000e.kext loads. Some times it even results in a CPU panic.

Any ideas on how to get Ethernet working on an ASUS Z97-A without causing boot to hang?

Maybe the root cause is something else CAUSED by the AppleIntelE1000e.kext? Because it hangs on the BSD command AFTER the kext loads:

127868-boot.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Long shot - did you ever figure this out? I have an ASUS Maximus VII Gene board that's doing exactly the same thing (hanging at E1000e & BSD root)

Long shot - did you ever figure this out? I have an ASUS Maximus VII Gene board that's doing exactly the same thing (hanging at E1000e & BSD root)

neither putting the kext in S/L/E with kextbeast nor placing it in EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 worked.

however, using the latest MultiBeast to install it into S/L/E fixed the issue. I am not sure why the MultiBeast method works but not kextbeast. Either way I wish it worked on the EFI partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back