i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
I'm running into an issue when boot gets stuck at Apple logo and progress bar won't move at all.
This happens when I have USB3 enabled in BIOS, I have installed required USB kexts with Multibeast after MacOS install, but it boots from SSD only when I disable for Front and Rear USB3 controllers from BIOS. Then it works as USB2.0 and is slow.
Any solution to this ?
It works with my Yosemite disk btw...

Hi everyone,
I'm running into an issue when boot gets stuck at Apple logo and progress bar won't move at all.
This happens when I have USB3 enabled in BIOS, I have installed required USB kexts with Multibeast after MacOS install, but it boots from SSD only when I disable for Front and Rear USB3 controllers from BIOS. Then it works as USB2.0 and is slow.
Any solution to this ?

Hi there.

1) Try booting in Verbose mode and upload a screengrab where the text stops.
To do this press the SpaceBar at the Clover boot menu and select "Verbose" from the pop-up menu.

2) What version of Clover are you using?

3) What controllers "front and rear" do you have to disable?

:)

Clover version is 4630
see bios screenshot for 2 controllers, if at least 1 of them is enabled it won't boot
also attached verbose boot screenshot..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 39
Anyone any clue ?

Hi everyone,
Any solution to this ?
Your motherboard (GA-Z68XP-UD3) does not have an Intel USB3 chip but instead an Etron chip. This USB3 chip is, as far as I know, not supported on recent versions of MacOS (since Sierra or High Sierra I believe).

It may work with older versions like Yosemite, but I don't think you can make it work under High Sierra and later.

Your motherboard (GA-Z68XP-UD3) does not have an Intel USB3 chip but instead an Etron chip. This USB3 chip is, as far as I know, not supported on recent versions of MacOS (since Sierra or High Sierra I believe).

It may work with older versions like Yosemite, but I don't think you can make it work under High Sierra and later.
Damn, thanks for feedback, you are right it works fine on my Yosemite which I run from a separate SSD, it's just Yosemite itself is already old and lot of software not supported anymore so that's the reason why I switched to High Sierra, which was another pain with setup because it's the only version that has my Graphics card support. I wanted Catalina initially but no support. Eish, I need to go get some new hardware :) Thanks again ! Will stick to USB2 then....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back