Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mobile Phone
Android
The latest BIOS for the Z370XP SLI is the F12b, and most likely does not work, as happened to me with the F13b on the Z370 Ultra Gaming, and to others who tried to install the latest F##b version.
In your case I suggest you try the F8: this version, together with an SSDT should enable the Thunderbolt hotplug also in your MB
Thanks for the suggestion. My Hack is once again stable and rocking a great Geekbench score, as well as reliably connecting to TB so I'm going to leave well enough alone. BIOS version F12b is beta code BTW, so technically not the latest officially supported firmware.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@BoomR just a little hack for the Sapphire RX 580. The addition of two Noctua NF-A4x20 fans. Totally unnecessary but the temps on the GPU never breach 40c under load and idle temps are 30-31c compared to 40-41 idle temps without the addition of the mini fans.
IMG_1960.JPG

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I purchased an Alpine Ridge AIC for a new Thunderbolt DAS RAID enclosure. I created a Windows 10 disk, followed your instructions and "woke up" the hardware on the Motherboard and had USB 3.1 c working for the first time and the Alpine Ridge card appeared in BIOS. Shut down the computer, removed the windows drive, reinstalled the Mojave 10.14.3 drive. In BIOS the TB card was not available and it is not appearing in Sys Info and USB 3.1c is also no longer working. Additionally, I reset BIOS to standard Hackintosh settings (also followed your instructions) and no longer have access to BIOS and Clover Boot Menu. (I reset BIOS and tried leaving CSM enabled, now I have access to BIOS and CBM. Since I built this rig with the Z370 board it has been CSM disabled... why the change, I do nor know). Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@BoomR, I have the Alpine Ridge working in Win 10, several restarts have not frightened the AIC away. I have a TB to Ethernet adapter as suggested. I heard the tone but do not see the blue and white thing in the tray. Should I see the AIC in Devices? I did hook my Ethernet cable up to the TB>Ethernet adapter, and I am getting internet through the Thunderbolt AIC. I am guessing that this means the Alpine Ridge card is working? The next step is plugging my Mac drive back in. Any advice before I do this? Should I be seeing the A/R AIC in devices or will it only appear when I install an external device such as a hard drive enclosure?