Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: do you have a Internal USB port used (BT power for a combo card?) and in wich pci slot is plugged the combo card?
For my build I first used a small one (PCI slot): my WiFi was off and I could not switch off my PC. So I tried the last one and everything was fixed. Sorry for my poor english dude...

Hi @yellocab, premise: the LEDs are not important to me, but I would like to understand why they behave like that.
I'm waiting for HS 10.13.4 to come to my final installation (27 March), now I'm just running several tests (like this and Thunderbolt hotplug). This could also help other people.
Yes, I have a Combo BT - Wi-Fi card in the PCIEX1_1 slot and use the F_UBS2 port.
I just tried to remove it, but no difference when I turn off the computer.
Is Codeccommander.kext only for audio?

GUG.png

Hi @yellocab, premise: the LEDs are not important to me, but I would like to understand why they behave like that.
I'm waiting for HS 10.13.4 to come to my final installation (27 March), now I'm just running several tests (like this and Thunderbolt hotplug). This could also help other people.
Yes, I have a Combo BT - Wi-Fi card in the PCIEX1_1 slot and use the F_UBS2 port.
I just tried to remove it, but no difference when I turn off the computer.
Is Codeccommander.kext only for audio?

View attachment 320257

Codeccommander helps AppleALC.kext to bring back the sound after sleep. It works with lilu. (Not sure but I read this).
Codeccommander needs to be install in S/L/E.

Codeccommander helps AppleALC.kext to bring back the sound after sleep. It works with lilu. (Not sure but I read this).
Codeccommander needs to be install in S/L/E.
CodecCommander should be in /Library/Extensions/ where it works fine. User KextBeast to move the CodecCommander.kext to /L/E/.

At this point I try to do a clean installation.
Do I have to be careful about something if I do not use UniBeast and MultiBeast?
Why not use Uni/MultiBeast? They work fine with High Sierra. They sure make life simpler.

Yes I know, but we are trying to turn off the LEDs when shutdown the computer (it is not a top priority).
When the Yellocab's computer turns off or goes into sleep, it turns off all the LEDs on the MB. My no, the only difference with his is that he made a clean installation. So since I have to do it anyway I'll try ;)

IIRC, the motherboard lights are controlled by BIOS setting.

IIRC, the motherboard lights are controlled by BIOS setting.
While this is true, the BIOS setting that enables/disables LEDS "on" during sleep/off doesn't appear to work (regardless of the BIOS setting). So something else with the configuration is causing the LEDs to be "stuck" in always-on state.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back