Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Bluetooth stopped working after updating to 10.15.1 (BCM943602CS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get that when you run (note the addition of -R)?:
Code:
sudo dfu-util -R -U backup.dfu
If so then I don't know why it's stuck in DFU mode like that and we shouldn't attempt to flash the firmware again unless we know the Product ID of your hardware.

EDIT: BCM943602CS is Product ID 0x8290 so run the following:
Code:
sudo dfu-util -R -D /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext/Contents/Resources/20703_8290.dfu

I've been trying to get my f.king bluetooth card work for months. I gave up and used a dongle then i saw this topic and your message. Now it's working. Thank you very much.

Just chipping in: Updated a HP Z620 from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6 and it bricked BT to "Broadcom Bluetooth Download Device", is how I came here. Installed Homebrew, ran the upload command by headkaze, et voila.

To note this problem isn't related specifically to updating to 10.15.1, it seems.

Thanks VERY much!

Found this thread and tried near everything suggested in it and more... no luck.

My card is a BCM94360CD and it was working fine under Catalina before I upgraded to 10.15.7. Initially, I still had a Bluetooth System Preferences pane and the card connected via USB. The System Preferences pane or the BT menu icon however would not work and I couldn't turn BT off. I rebooted to see if that would fix it and all of a sudden the pane is gone and the card is no longer showing up on the USB bus.

Found this thread and tried near everything suggested in it and more... no luck.

My card is a BCM94360CD and it was working fine under Catalina before I upgraded to 10.15.7. Initially, I still had a Bluetooth System Preferences pane and the card connected via USB. The System Preferences pane or the BT menu icon however would not work and I couldn't turn BT off. I rebooted to see if that would fix it and all of a sudden the pane is gone and the card is no longer showing up on the USB bus.

Are you using a USB port map or USBInjectAll? I had a similar issue (can't remember if it was Catalina or Big Sur) and removed my USB port map and was back in business.

Anyone have issues with this card and audio dropouts with devices such as AirPods? The computer is 1-2 feet away from me and I still get drop outs. I've tried many different antennas.

I dual boot with Win10 and sometimes I am thinking that Win10 uploads firmware to the BT device then when I boot into macOS the firmware is the one from Win10 so it causes instability?

Also I can't get the BrcmPatch working at all it never loads for me....although this is a native card and works OOB.

Anyone have issues with this card and audio dropouts with devices such as AirPods? The computer is 1-2 feet away from me and I still get drop outs. I've tried many different antennas.

I dual boot with Win10 and sometimes I am thinking that Win10 uploads firmware to the BT device then when I boot into macOS the firmware is the one from Win10 so it causes instability?

Also I can't get the BrcmPatch working at all it never loads for me....although this is a native card and works OOB.
Are you connected to 5Ghz Wi-Fi? There are multiple reports of 2.4Ghz interfering with BT on this card. Can you eliminate 2.4Ghz connections in your testing?

While my hackintosh never has trouble with my AirPods, my iPhone 11 pro has always had BT drops...

Are you connected to 5Ghz Wi-Fi? There are multiple reports of 2.4Ghz interfering with BT on this card. Can you eliminate 2.4Ghz connections in your testing?

While my hackintosh never has trouble with my AirPods, my iPhone 11 pro has always had BT drops...

I use 5Ghz 99% of my household/office...but I do have 1 2.4Ghz device on Wifi...I thought about this but I also have a MacBook Pro and an iMac right next to the Hackintosh and they don't have such issues. I do not use 2.4Ghz on the Wifi on the Hackintosh, matter of fact I am connected via ethernet and only keep Wifi on for AirDrop etc.

It may have to do with interference and bad shielding on the Hackintosh BT/Wifi card? I've other types of antennas that are cable based but they don't help either.

I may try to eliminate all 2.4Ghz devices, but things such as wireless mouses are all running on 2.4Ghz, but this shouldn't be happening as other Apple devices have no such issues. iPhone X has no such issues either.

I use 5Ghz 99% of my household/office...but I do have 1 2.4Ghz device on Wifi...I thought about this but I also have a MacBook Pro and an iMac right next to the Hackintosh and they don't have such issues. I do not use 2.4Ghz on the Wifi on the Hackintosh, matter of fact I am connected via ethernet and only keep Wifi on for AirDrop etc.

It may have to do with interference and bad shielding on the Hackintosh BT/Wifi card? I've other types of antennas that are cable based but they don't help either.

I may try to eliminate all 2.4Ghz devices, but things such as wireless mouses are all running on 2.4Ghz, but this shouldn't be happening as other Apple devices have no such issues. iPhone X has no such issues either.
You can certainly try repositioning the card, but I think eliminating 2.4Ghz would be good problem solving. In an early Mojave build I was getting 2.4Ghz interference with my Magic Mouse even though the MacBook sitting right next to it was fine.

You can certainly try repositioning the card, but I think eliminating 2.4Ghz would be good problem solving. In an early Mojave build I was getting 2.4Ghz interference with my Magic Mouse even though the MacBook sitting right next to it was fine.

I've tried everything, but why is it this bad when it has big antennas attached? The iPhone and MacBook Pro are much better and have zero interference issues.

I've tried everything, but why is it this bad when it has big antennas attached? The iPhone and MacBook Pro are much better and have zero interference issues.
If you do a cold start into MacOs without going into Windows 1st, do you have the same problems?
Do you know which antenna is BT? Have you swapped them?
Are you running Clover or OC? What KEXTS are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back