Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Not Working On Broadcom Card - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'll try this to get my BCM94331CD PCI-E X 1 to work. But, searching in my DSDT via MacIASL only show their device address and not EH01 or EH02. Where do I find my EH01 & EH02 device name address to replace the EHC1 and EHC2 in my DSDT?

EHC1 is*0x001D0000
EHC2 is*0x001A0000

Thanks.

BUMP!

Have new Skylake hackintosh... absolutely everything working except Broadcom BCM94331CD Bluetooth.. shows in Apple System Profiler... never mind the Rocketfish one - that's my USB one I'm using temporarily until I can get the Broadcom working...

I'm assuming that means my USB is working OK... No EHC1/2 or EH01/2 found in my DSDT....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 8.27.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 8.27.11 PM.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 549
BUMP!

Have new Skylake hackintosh... absolutely everything working except Broadcom BCM94331CD Bluetooth.. shows in Apple System Profiler... never mind the Rocketfish one - that's my USB one I'm using temporarily until I can get the Broadcom working...

I'm assuming that means my USB is working OK... No EHC1/2 or EH01/2 found in my DSDT....

Skylake hackintosh is happening? Does Wifi work with your BCM94331CD? Mine is working with both Wifi & Bluetooth natively without DSDT. Run ioregistryexplorer and search for EHC and you should see the per the attached image.

Attachments

• ioreg-01.jpg
    ioreg-01.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 490
I have the same BCM94360CD card in my desktop as the TS. It always worked flawless in Yosemite, but not so much in El Capitan. Bluetooth was not available. There are probably more solutions, but what worked for me was renaming the USB2 devices in my DSDT to the new (if I understand that correctly) way of naming them in El Capitan. I renamed all EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 resp. EH02. Bluetooth now works in El Capitan and Yosemite with these new names and without any further kext editing or dummy kexts. Renaming can be done with DSDT editing software or via the DSDT patch functions in Clover (under ACPI/patches; use Hex codes).

can you write a tutorial on how to do this
i open my dsdt and i can find echo o 2
stuck
thanks

I'm having the same issues with bluetooth and I've tried some of the basic stuff for fixing USB with no luck so far. Initially I did have USB issues - some ports didn't work, others not with USB 3.0 devices. But now they work at least from my tests. However, still no Bluetooth. Under USB Device Tree in System Report I show under the USB 2.0 Bus just "hub". Wifi works fine - no problems. I get no errors, but I simply don't get any connection to Magic Mouse or other BT devices when trying to pair.

I did USB fixes as suggested: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/172337-el-capitan-usb-issues-possible-fix.html including both Part 1 and Part 2 (Clover Configurator and MaciASL).

What else can I test or try specific to Bluetooth?

Hi,
i ve the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H with core i7 4790K with 32 Gb ram. i ve installed broadcom BCM94360CD with Pci-ex 1x adaptor but only works wifi with el capitan 10.11.3. so could you help me to fix the usb problem connection for pic-ex card???

I had the same issue with BCM94630 on PCI-E adapter.
Bluetooth was connected to internal USB header which was not working due to AppleHPET.kext.

AppleHPET was requesting 4 IRQs (why does it need 4 IRQs?), IRQ 15 which ware also used by the internal USB header.

Deleteing AppleHPET.kext fixed it but lost CPU Power Management.
Ended up creating a dsdt.aml for my mobo for a properly fix.

In in the same boat as sohus. I have the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH motherboard with the BCM94360CD purchased on Amazon. I'm installed in a x1 slot and wifi works great. In About This Mac -> System Report, I see the BCM20702A0 showing up which a quick web search shows to be a Broadcom bluetooth chip. I am running El Capitan (10.11.6). I would very much appreciate any help in enabling bluetooth with this setup.

Thank you

Bluetooth.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back