Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Not Working On Broadcom Card - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSXMan, do you have any related kexts that you have previously installed? To check, run this and post the output (in particular any kexts that it says have an invalid signature).
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Just the necessary ones...By the way, El Capitan was a clean install.

rebuilding //System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
kextcache updated critical boot files, requesting launchd reboot

I'm confused because to my uneducated eye that looks like a pretty native Bluetooth controller, and it is present in USB, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. You may get a more knowledgeable answer on the network forum.

I'm confused because to my uneducated eye that looks like a pretty native Bluetooth controller, and it is present in USB, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. You may get a more knowledgeable answer on the network forum.

Sorry ammulder, the last image was showing bluetooth USB controller because I had to resort to an old dongle I had laying around, but it wasn't from the native apple broadcom pci-e pci-e card. Attached now is a current state without the dongle and as you can see the bluetooth usb controller has disappeared. So, something is telling me the problem might be in the pci-e usb connection.

Attachments

• hardware_usb_device_native.jpg
    hardware_usb_device_native.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 321
OK, yes, that makes much more sense.

Sadly, I think you have to troubleshot USB problems now. I worked around a similar problem by editing my DSDT, though there are other ways. In my case, the issue was that the XHC controller in the DSDT had 21 devices listed, and El Capitan ignores any after 15, so I had to just strip out the ones that weren't actually being used, which involved a lot of trial and error. Another approach is to remap some devices to EHC1 instead of XHC to spread the load, so to speak.

All of my USB port works. Except for the two am that are physically on the mobo. One of it which are the one my wifi/Bluetooth card is connected to. I'm sure the dsdt edit will work. Anyone can give me a dumb down how-to ? Please
I got as far as loading iojones and see it only show XHC, the direction said it should show XHC1?

Sadly, I think you have to troubleshot USB problems now. I worked around a similar problem by editing my DSDT, though there are other ways. In my case, the issue was that the XHC controller in the DSDT had 21 devices listed, and El Capitan ignores any after 15, so I had to just strip out the ones that weren't actually being used, which involved a lot of trial and error. Another approach is to remap some devices to EHC1 instead of XHC to spread the load, so to speak.

Thanks ammulder for the advice and by the way Rehabman over the network forum is saying the same thing, I'll have to address the usb problems first. As stated, I don't use dsdt or ssdt, so I will attempt to toggle among internal usb slots (USB78, USB910 USB1112) connected to my 2-wires from pci-e card to see if that would work. Will report back when I get the chance to do this.

I got as far as loading iojones and see it only show XHC, the direction said it should show XHC1?

Different motherboards use different names. XHC is actually better for El Capitan because there are some funky rules it applies to XHC1.

I don't have a good guide for the whole DSDT editing process right now, though. If I put one together I'll post it to the guides forum.

Thank you ammulder. I have solved my bluetooth issues. So happy:thumbup:

I have the same BCM94360CD card in my desktop as the TS. It always worked flawless in Yosemite, but not so much in El Capitan. Bluetooth was not available. There are probably more solutions, but what worked for me was renaming the USB2 devices in my DSDT to the new (if I understand that correctly) way of naming them in El Capitan. I renamed all EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 resp. EH02. Bluetooth now works in El Capitan and Yosemite with these new names and without any further kext editing or dummy kexts. Renaming can be done with DSDT editing software or via the DSDT patch functions in Clover (under ACPI/patches; use Hex codes).

I have the same BCM94360CD card in my desktop as the TS. It always worked flawless in Yosemite, but not so much in El Capitan. Bluetooth was not available. There are probably more solutions, but what worked for me was renaming the USB2 devices in my DSDT to the new (if I understand that correctly) way of naming them in El Capitan. I renamed all EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 resp. EH02. Bluetooth now works in El Capitan and Yosemite with these new names and without any further kext editing or dummy kexts. Renaming can be done with DSDT editing software or via the DSDT patch functions in Clover (under ACPI/patches; use Hex codes).

Ok, I'll try this to get my BCM94331CD PCI-E X 1 to work. But, searching in my DSDT via MacIASL only show their device address and not EH01 or EH02. Where do I find my EH01 & EH02 device name address to replace the EHC1 and EHC2 in my DSDT?

EHC1 is*0x001D0000
EHC2 is*0x001A0000

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back