Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I updated to 10.10.4 last night and everything worked well except my Bluetooth (an OS X WiFi Card with Broadcom BCM94360CD Wifi+BT chip) no longer works.

I still do have some functionality with my magic mouse, so I know that it is somewhat functional.

I've tried disconnecting all USB cables and restarting, and have tried deleting the com.apple.bluetooth.plist file with no luck.

I have also tried the other recommendations in the forum for similar issues.

Any idea what the problem could be (hardware failure?)

Console has a few messages, but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot:
switch to DFU mode
Could not get IOBluetoothUSBDFU service

I'm having the same exact problem. Please any help will be really appreciated.

I Have the same issue here as well, just built a second hackintosh, everything went smooth as eggs.

No bluetooth at all and the dongle just flashes constantly.

The build is:-

Yosemite 10.10.4

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB GDDR5 [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Intel i7-4790K Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.40 GHz)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter[/FONT]

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600 PC3-12800)

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150 Motherboard

Orico BTA-402-BK Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Samsung 500gb ssd

Ok cancel that, in settings, the bluetooth option was there.

Selected it and paired with the mouse fine, then clicked show bluetooth in menu bar.

All good now, good luck to the OP

Same here. Same Broadcom Apple Wifi - strange, it doesn't detect bluetooth but for some reason my Apple Magic Mouse still pairs but gestures aren't available. Mouse can click and move around but not scrolling or gesture support even though it says "Bluetooth Not Available".

That happened to me as well instantturtle, but with my magic mouse. The mouse still worked with the Apple Broadcom card, but it acted like a standard mouse without gestures.

I'm having the same issue, Bluetooth: Not Available after updating to 10.10.4. I'm using the IOGear GBU521. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I fixed my issue by doing a Fresh Install of 10.10.3 and then re-updating to 10.10.4.

So I did a reinstall but of 10.10.4 - Bluetooth not found. I can't seem to find a 10.10.3 installer (or even a working 10.10 anymore. I should've used my original USB but I reformatted it!).

I'm guessing it's something with 10.10.4 - 10.10.3 had my bluetooth working fine and even the installer of 10.10.4 recognized Bluetooth.

Anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back