Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Dongle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is CSR unit, it could see the keyboard and subsequently paired with the keyboard after I input the pairing code. But it does not work after the pairing. It is weird that it could recognize the pairing code I typed during pairing and then I could not type after pairing. I am also seeking for a solution now.

so i was using an old nameless bt off ebay and it works great with my apple bt keyboard and mighty mouse. ftp.... but i got a targus bt so i could wake from sleep and it works. but after wake the keyboard or mouse dont' work and the bt prefs are very laggy. so i'm back to my nameless bt for now. unless i find a fix
silver targus bt for sale? haha

saul said:
so i was using an old nameless bt off ebay and it works great with my apple bt keyboard and mighty mouse. ftp.... but i got a targus bt so i could wake from sleep and it works. but after wake the keyboard or mouse dont' work and the bt prefs are very laggy. so i'm back to my nameless bt for now. unless i find a fix
silver targus bt for sale? haha
Saul, is your Apple Wireless Keyboard from 2009?

JellyUK said:
I'm having some trouble with my bluetooth, if anyone could give me a hand that would rock :D

I'm currently using a no name bluetooth adapter that my housemate found on ebay for about £5, it identifies as a Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset on system profiler. It works great, but i have to re-pair my keyboard (apple wireless one) every time i turn my computer on. The process takes a fair amount of time, and I tend to try to turn it off fairly often, so it's really irritating. Works fine from sleep, even wakes from sleep fine!

I bought an ASUS BT21 dongle, and it doesn't work at all. Seems to be recognised (the bluetooth symbol in the menu bar goes from grey to black), but there is "No Information" under system profiler (or words to that effect). I tried pairing it to my keyboard, and may sometimes detect it, but never works.

Does anyone have any idea why one BT adapter would almost work and the (supposedly) supported BT21 doesn't work at all? Guessing that i may have something like a kext conflict? But afaik, i don't have any extra kexts related to bluetooth on it...

Any ideas appreciated :)

I seem to be having similar problems...

trying to pair new Magic Trackpad via USB bluetooth dongle.
Tried a couple different dongles (Kensington and now Iogear GBU421) and no luck with either. Bluetooth shows up and connects right off the bat but can't get it to pair with Trackpad or iPhone.

updated the latest trackpad software- didn't help
maybe a kext issue?

ruining SL 10.6.5

anybody have insight to this problem?

thanks.

Attachments

• 2010-11-30_11-56-36.jpg
    2010-11-30_11-56-36.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 2010-11-30_11-58-12.jpg
    2010-11-30_11-58-12.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 235
maxfox77 said:
JellyUK said:
I'm having some trouble with my bluetooth, if anyone could give me a hand that would rock :D

I'm currently using a no name bluetooth adapter that my housemate found on ebay for about £5, it identifies as a Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset on system profiler. It works great, but i have to re-pair my keyboard (apple wireless one) every time i turn my computer on. The process takes a fair amount of time, and I tend to try to turn it off fairly often, so it's really irritating. Works fine from sleep, even wakes from sleep fine!

I bought an ASUS BT21 dongle, and it doesn't work at all. Seems to be recognised (the bluetooth symbol in the menu bar goes from grey to black), but there is "No Information" under system profiler (or words to that effect). I tried pairing it to my keyboard, and may sometimes detect it, but never works.

Does anyone have any idea why one BT adapter would almost work and the (supposedly) supported BT21 doesn't work at all? Guessing that i may have something like a kext conflict? But afaik, i don't have any extra kexts related to bluetooth on it...

Any ideas appreciated :)

I seem to be having similar problems...

trying to pair new Magic Trackpad via USB bluetooth dongle.
Tried a couple different dongles (Kensington and now Iogear GBU421) and no luck with either. Bluetooth shows up and connects right off the bat but can't get it to pair with Trackpad or iPhone.

updated the latest trackpad software- didn't help
maybe a kext issue?

ruining SL 10.6.5

anybody have insight to this problem?

thanks.

Max - I ended up getting so irritated with it that i bought a new keyboard (a rather nice Logitech K800) and haven't tried using my bluetooth keyboard since. The bluetooth dongle does still work, i've used it to transfer some files from a friend's phone, but i had to create the connection then.

I have ordered several components from Other World Computing - devoted to Mac components.

I will need bluetooth for my new build, and I'll probably look to them first.

Here's an interesting one:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Vakoss/TCB851UK/

hmm got 3 bluetooth dongle non of it worked.. :(
it found my magic mouse, apple wireless keyboard, and Logitec Mouse but when I tried to pair it it said failed.. my last bluetooth dongle works better.. found it faster and longer range.. but when I tried to pair it again this time it stuck on connection established..

I read somewhere that somehow bluetooth got problem when we installed voodoops2 could that be the problem??

Hi there,

updated Lion some days ago and experienced that my BT Dongle had some problems, I couldn't connect my Magic Mouse any more :(

This is the dongle I used till SL 10.6.8
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultra-mini-bluetooth-2-1-edr-usb-2-0-dongle-37665

today I go a Belkin mini BT dongle F8T016ng, but this one isn't recognized by Lion, or better not that easy. After reboot it is not woking, there are no information about BT in Hardware Information.

well, any suggestions which BT mini adapter is working with Lion?

Edit: just connected my iPad successful via my BT adapter to the hackyyy and the connection stays!!!
Strange

regards
LittelTeddy

I have some problems too!

My Dell card reader has bluetooth built in, and was working perfectly in SL with my magic mouse en apple keyboard.
Now that I upgraded to Lion though, only the magic mouse can be pairen.

I traid over 10 times, but the keyboard can't be pairen..

Anyone has any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back