Contribute
Register

Bluetooth Dongle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Targus ACB10US (Silver stick version) can wake from Bluetooth keyboard, etc.
It's fully compatbile and it was what apple was recommending people to use with SL.

Well I finally got my first Bluetooth Keyboard - the first Apple aluminum one.

The Cirago BTA3210 works fine with it, except it needs to be re-paired after every boot. It works fine with my A2DP Bluetooth headset.

I also picked up the Targus ACB10US (Silver stick version) and it works fine. The A2DP seems a bit more noisy than others, but it is working on my 10.6.4 machine - keyboard and A2DP at same time.

Also picked up a cheapy $1.80 BT adapter from Hong Kong and it doesn't work on my machine. Same brand chipset as the Cirago, but different version.

edit: Fixed kext problem I created, so the Targus is now working fine.

with the BT120 by dlink my magic mouse works flawlessly, however no amount of messing with it can make it do A2DP with my HT820 headphones.

I'm having some trouble with my bluetooth, if anyone could give me a hand that would rock :D

I'm currently using a no name bluetooth adapter that my housemate found on ebay for about £5, it identifies as a Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset on system profiler. It works great, but i have to re-pair my keyboard (apple wireless one) every time i turn my computer on. The process takes a fair amount of time, and I tend to try to turn it off fairly often, so it's really irritating. Works fine from sleep, even wakes from sleep fine!

I bought an ASUS BT21 dongle, and it doesn't work at all. Seems to be recognised (the bluetooth symbol in the menu bar goes from grey to black), but there is "No Information" under system profiler (or words to that effect). I tried pairing it to my keyboard, and may sometimes detect it, but never works.

Does anyone have any idea why one BT adapter would almost work and the (supposedly) supported BT21 doesn't work at all? Guessing that i may have something like a kext conflict? But afaik, i don't have any extra kexts related to bluetooth on it...

Any ideas appreciated :)

My Cirago works great, except for that keyboard re-pair thing - and it is also a CSR unit.

Did you get the ASUS BT211?

Have you tried the ASUS with another computer - maybe its broken?

Are you running 10.6.4?

ADent said:
My Cirago works great, except for that keyboard re-pair thing - and it is also a CSR unit.

Did you get the ASUS BT211?

Have you tried the ASUS with another computer - maybe its broken?

Are you running 10.6.4?

Nah it's definately a BT21, still got the packaging....
I just tried it on my other hackintosh (a Dell Mini10v) and it didn't work at all, isn't even detected...hmmm.... Will try it on my girlfriend's (windows) laptop when she's around next.
I am running 10.6.4, my netbook is running 10.6.3, are there problems with either of them?

Thanks for the help mate :)

i have purchased a no name BT dongle. It is recognised as CSR unit, it works great with Apple's wireless Mighty Mouse. When it paired with Apple Wireless Keyboard, the connection seems to be lost and connected alternatively, I am not sure what happened.

MacMan said:
grbr said:
Hi,

I finished off my hackintosh and its working perfectly, I got a free wireless apple keyboard and I just realised that I am going to need a bluetooth dongle..

Which one works well with hackintosh?

Thanks
ASUS USB-BT21 USB 2.0 Mini Bluetooth Dongle
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032EYZ34?ie=UTF8

i tried 4 different dongles including USB-BT21, still can't wake the computer with my magic mouse. Is there a specific kext that we need to use to get it working properly?

"My Cirago works great, except for that keyboard re-pair thing - and it is also a CSR unit."

same problem any solution on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back