Contribute
Register

Blank screen right after OSX installer loads (CLover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
Intel i7 4930k
Graphics
GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, real close to finally getting my Hackintosh to even boot with the installer from the Clover bootloader (I kindof need imessage and appstore working). So I have followed the guide and the only thing I did differently is tick the first to options (UEFI Booting Only etc) on the clover install. I tried the standard .plist and YAY! it worked and for the first time in weeks I got into an installer with Clover.

Then I tried using the .plist that contains all of my serial numbers and UUIDs and stuff necessary to make iMessage work and after about a minute of the installer loading (the progress bar moves), my screen enters power-save mode :crazy:. When booting verbose, the very last readout is what the attached picture shows:
View attachment 111866

I have tried -x -f and I get that system status in nanoseconds error, but thats not my problem at the moment.

What should be my next move? The system listed under my profile picture is the one I'm trying to install to. EDIT: my motherboard is the ASUS Sabertooth x79

Heres the very helpful post that I used to adjust my .plist file for iMessage: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...os-x-yosemite-using-clover-34.html#post909717

Is it possibly a problem with that procedure?

Thanks much everyone!

Does your screen go into standby mode then think there is a signal then goes back in to standby mode? If so then all you have to do is unplug and re-plug in your video cable. If not let us know!

Does your screen go into standby mode then think there is a signal then goes back in to standby mode? If so then all you have to do is unplug and re-plug in your video cable. If not let us know!

Thank you so much for the reply! I'll give it a shot soon and let you know. Thanks much!

Ok, so I tried that, and the monitor goes right back into powersave mode. I tied the other DVI port on the card as well no luck. Interestingly, the status light on my USB and HDD fire up every so often even thought the screen is not getting input. Again, this worked with the standard .plist file.

That didn't work haha. Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: nv disable boot flag solves the issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back