Contribute
Register

Blank Screen on Wake with UHD 630 Kaby Lake OC 0.6.1 (Catalina / Big Sur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Sorry for necroposting, but maybe it would be helpful. Many months I tried to fix sleep with my Intel HD 630 (HDMI connector) hackintosh based on Asus ROG Strix Z270F. And this day is finally here. I placed igfxonln=1 as I tried many times with several combinations (thanks to @miliuco I gave it one more chance XD). And this time it works. I will try to manage publishing my build in next weeks if everything would be fine. By the way, ready to send my configs, registry dumps, etc. I'm on Big Sur.

Update 10 july 2021: Something changed, and now it doesn't want to sleep with USB devices connected. But sleep is working and screen is waking.

Last edited:
@Shpingalet007 I gave up on my Kabylake rig (i7-7700/HD630/Q270) since I never got it to wake from sleep. Are you certain that your Kabylake HD630 rig wakes from sleep (even if without USB devices)? What version of macOS Big Sur? Can you post your EFI?

@Shpingalet007 I gave up on my Kabylake rig (i7-7700/HD630/Q270) since I never got it to wake from sleep. Are you certain that your Kabylake HD630 rig wakes from sleep (even if without USB devices)? What version of macOS Big Sur? Can you post your EFI?
@deeveedee, packed my EFI, maybe it would be helpful in some way. I'm using currently Big Sur 11.4 (20F71). I can confirm that sleep worked for me, but as you said without USB. This is not nice for me, as I don't like to eject all USB devices before sleep, so I'm not going currently proceeding with this.

Last 2 weeks I put an old Nvidia GTX 660. And it doesn't want to work without CSM support switched on, so after I switched, sleep is gone. But yes, I can confirm that it worked before. Maybe will try to proceed with USB issue after removing this graybeard GPU.

Anything I can help, ask, so I'll try to provide more info. If needed, can remove my old GPU to give more info with sleep stable configs.

P.s. - By the way, if you find some strange things in my config, give me know to fix them :wave:

Update 1: Removed some PlatformInfo -> Generic data for security reasons and returned Rename-SSDT.aml in ACPI folder as it was removed by error on EFI preparation step. Thanks @deeveedee for your suggestion.

Attachments

• EFI (Updated 31 july 2021).zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
@Shpingalet007 This is very interesting. You would be the first that I've seen to get sleep / wake working with Desktop Kabylake HD630 (using only iGPU and no dGPU). I may have to revisit my i7-7700/Q270 rig to see if something has changed.

EDIT: @Shpingalet007 Here are my observations about your EFI (thanks for posting). This is a complete list that I generated while I was reviewing, so don't take any of this as criticism - just my observations.
  • How did you decide that you needed FixShutdown-USB-SSDT? Is this what fixed your sleep/wake? This SSDT is not doing anything. See EDIT2 below.
  • Your SSDT-PM is not a CPU Power Management patch. It's actually the DeviceProperties that would normally be injected via OpenCore config.plist DeviceProperties. Nothing wrong with this - just pointing it out.
  • Your OC config.plist enables Rename-SSDT.aml (ACPI>Add>Item3), but your ACPI folder does not include this SSDT
  • How did you determine that you needed XHCI-unsupported.kext?
  • Your config.plist does not include the igfxonln=1 boot-arg. Did you decide that you didn't need this?
  • You include alcid=1 boot-arg and DeviceProperties>Add>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)>layout-id=1. Once you've confirmed the correct layout id for your audio, you should need only the layout-id in DeviceProperties. See here.
  • You include AAPL,ig-platform-id in both your SSDT-PM and config.plist DeviceProperties. Fortunately, they're the same value. You need only one of them.
  • When you post your EFI, delete PlatformInfo>Generic>MLB, ROM, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID (these should be kept private)
  • You are using SMBIOS Model iMac19,1. This SMBIOS is best for 9th Gen Intel CoffeeLake (not Kabylake) with dGPU (not iGPU). How did you decide to use this SMBIOS?

EDIT2:
@Shpingalet007 I just noticed that your config.plist does not have an ACPI patch to rename _PTS->ZPTS. This means that your FixShutdown-USB-SSDT is probably not doing anything. If you add the -v boot-arg (verbose), you should be seeing an ACPI error for this.

EDIT3:
@Shpingalet007 Your config.plist includes boot-arg -wegnoegpu. Doesn't this disable all external GPUs? Are you using this boot-arg successfully with your Nvidia GTX 660?

Last edited:
@deeveedee, thanks for your suggestions. Very appreciated for your help. Updated most serious faults in EFI pack directly in my previous post.
  1. Removed suggested PlatformInfo -> Generic data for security reasons.
  2. Returned Rename-SSDT.aml file. Removed it on EFI publishing by error.
Answering about -wegnoegpu: ofcourse I don't have it now. The config.plist in published EFI is an archive version that is currently a little modified to support Nvidia. And igfxonln=1 is now set in my new config.

I'll look in the list to fix everything you suggested. Planning to remove Nvidia card to test sleep again with new changes in next 2-3 days and publish new EFI pack with more investigations.

EDIT 1:
A little shocked about SSDT-PM.aml. Just curious how this happened :crazy: I'll remake it too.

EDIT 2:
Okay, I found time today to check config.plist. Applied next changes:
  1. Removed SSDT-PM.aml that as you said wasn't an PM. Anyway, looks like PM not needed as X86PlatformPlugin is working without it on my machine. Checked with IORegistryExplorer.
  2. Removed FixShutdown-USB-SSDT.aml. It does nothing and either not needed as I checked my machine is working stable without it. And it was switched off on my latest config too, so...
  3. Added igfxonln=1 flag in my stable config.plist. As I said, I added it on last changes on other config.
  4. Removed alcid=1 flag. Now it is set via layout-id. There was one error with PciRoot id. Instead of PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0) I set to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3) as in reality there is my HDEF device.
  5. Removed XHCI-Unsupported.kext. I messed up with it when tried to patch USB ports and forgot to delete it.
  6. Added SSDT-GPRW.aml to fix instant wake. I added it from my latest config. Looks like my PC needs this. Followed Dortania.

The only thing as I see is SMBIOS. I didn't try to change it at this moment. But what is curious that I tried to eject all USB devices and tried to put my PC with Nvidia card attached and CSM support enabled and looks like sleep is working in this case too. Don't know why it didn't last time. Maybe after updates to config. And with attached USB it doesn't wake, of course.

I'll play around with this. Must mention that my Nvidia is used only sometimes to connect external graphic tablet. I didn't try putting in sleep with attached display on it. My main display is on HD630.

So I'm ready to provide new info. Attaching EFI.

EDIT 3:
When trying to sleep with USB and after restart using pmset -g log I receive next reason of failure to wake up:
Failure during wake: PEG1(),IGPU(),SAT0(AppleAHCI),HDEF() : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState

Looks like USB are not patched good, but there are issues with my motherboard. UEFI doesn't give me full access to ports. This issue already happened with some Asus and ASRock motherboards as I see on some forums. Don't know if it can be worked around.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
@Shpingalet007 Didn't spend much time reviewing the new EFI. I did notice that your OC config.plist doesn't have an ACPI patch to rename GPRW->XPRW, so your SSDT-GPRW doesn't do anything (except probably to produce an ACPI error). If you don't have an instant wake problem, then you don't need SSDT-GPRW. If you do have an instant wake problem, then you need an ACPI patch to rename GPRW->XPRW. See here.

@Shpingalet007 I'd be interested in your explanation of SSDT-Rename. Based on my quick review, it's unnecessary with SSDT-EC-USBX (that you already have) and it's coded wrong.

Last edited:
@deeveedee, woah. Really, just now understand that SSDT-GPRW must go with ACPI Patch applied in config. So, if it doesn't work, and everything is ok, so I'll remove it as everything is okay currently.

About SSDT-Rename I'll try removing it and check. As I remember, I downloaded it as other patches from Dortania, but don't remember if tried making it by myself.

EDIT 1:
Okay, removed them. Checked sleep. Everything is fine.

Last edited:
I think we've all learned a lot. Thank you.

Yeah! Thank you for your help too. If you need other info about my build, registry dump, DSDT, etc., ready to provide them. Just ask me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back