Contribute
Register

Blank Screen on Wake with UHD 630 Kaby Lake OC 0.6.1 (Catalina / Big Sur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z270-A
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Intel UHD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have just moved from Clover to Opencore to support a good Big Sur transition and it has worked quite nicely. However, I have not been able to get my computer to wake up properly since as far as I remember.

I have followed basically everything in the Opencore guide for my system and I cannot get it to work. My computer comes back up after sleep, but my display remains asleep and I cannot get it to wake up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post files if needed... Please advise.

Hello,

I have just moved from Clover to Opencore to support a good Big Sur transition and it has worked quite nicely. However, I have not been able to get my computer to wake up properly since as far as I remember.

I have followed basically everything in the Opencore guide for my system and I cannot get it to work. My computer comes back up after sleep, but my display remains asleep and I cannot get it to wake up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post files if needed... Please advise.
Do you have option in BIOS to disable Serial Port? If so, try that

Did that already... didn’t work

Have you tried replacing the "hda-gfx" property with "no-hda-gfx" in the Intel 630 code of config.plist? The 2 lines
<key>hda-gfx</key>
<string>onboard-2</string>
must be replaced by
<key>No-hda-gfx</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAA=</data>
After adding this property, you will no longer have sound over HDMI / DP.

Have you tried replacing the "hda-gfx" property with "no-hda-gfx" in the Intel 630 code of config.plist? The 2 lines
must be replaced by
After adding this property, you will no longer have sound over HDMI / DP.

@miliuco - I have not tried that specifically. I am using OpenCore, not Clover anymore.

What would this be in OpenCore if I may ask?

@miliuco - I have not tried that specifically. I am using OpenCore, not Clover anymore.

What would this be in OpenCore if I may ask?

How do you have the Intel 630 card installed? Just connected without doing any configuration in OpenCore (OC)? Or do you inject something into OC in config.plist?

What I comment in my previous message is, once added in config.plist (and this is the same in Clover as in OC, it is done on the same file and can be done directly in text writer or with OC Configurator), in the DeviceProperties section, the data of the graphics card which in your case is Intel HD 630 Kaby Lake, to modify hda-gfx property.

If you don't have anything in DeviceProperties then my previous message is useless. Adding something in DevicePorperties is beyond of this thread, there are places to consult it, look for Intel 630 Kaby Lake black screen after sleep or something like that.

How do you have the Intel 630 card installed? Just connected without doing any configuration in OpenCore (OC)? Or do you inject something into OC in config.plist?

What I comment in my previous message is, once added in config.plist (and this is the same in Clover as in OC, it is done on the same file and can be done directly in text writer or with OC Configurator), in the DeviceProperties section, the data of the graphics card which in your case is Intel HD 630 Kaby Lake, to modify hda-gfx property.

If you don't have anything in DeviceProperties then my previous message is useless. Adding something in DevicePorperties is beyond of this thread, there are places to consult it, look for Intel 630 Kaby Lake black screen after sleep or something like that.
@miliuco - I have done the configuration as suggested by OpenCore. I have attached it as an image. I have not added any had-gfx property. Everything works nicely on my system except waking from sleep. The monitor just doesn't come back up.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 1.06.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 1.06.47 PM.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 300
@miliuco - I have done the configuration as suggested by OpenCore. I have attached it as an image. I have not added any had-gfx property. Everything works nicely on my system except waking from sleep. The monitor just doesn't come back up.

Does everything work fine except waking out of sleep? Do you have graphic acceleration? Hackintool in its first tab System shows VDA Decoder Fully supported?
So far you have done well. Regarding screen sleep, all I have read is that it can work fine using Display Port to DVI adapters but fails using HDMI cable. If you are not using the monitor as an audio source or are not connected to a TV, try the No-hda-gfx option.

In DeviceProperties with OC Configurator after framebuffer-con2-alldata add a new property named No-hda-gfx and value 00000000 00000000 (as DATA). If you open it with a plain text editor you have to see it like this:
XML:
<key>No-hda-gfx</key>
Try and tell me.

Excellent idea to change thread title. More descriptive.

Last edited:
Does everything work fine except waking out of sleep? Do you have graphic acceleration? Hackintool in its first tab System shows VDA Decoder Fully supported?
So far you have done well. Regarding screen sleep, all I have read is that it can work fine using Display Port to DVI adapters but fails using HDMI cable. If you are not using the monitor as an audio source or are not connected to a TV, try the No-hda-gfx option.

In DeviceProperties with OC Configurator after framebuffer-con2-alldata add a new property named No-hda-gfx and value 00000000 00000000 (as DATA). If you open it with a plain text editor you have to see it like this:
XML:
<key>No-hda-gfx</key>
Try and tell me.

Excellent idea to change thread title. More descriptive.
@miliuco - Unfortunately I am using HDMI and the audio is going on my monitor currently. Is there any way around this? Perhaps I will still try the property you referred to.

Just a couple more questions... you mention OC Configurator, but in the Dortania website it strictly says it should not be trusted. Any link to a good one?

Additionally, what would be a better title as your suggestion? ;)

audio is going on my monitor currently. Is there any way around this?
Perhaps I will still try the property you referred to.

If it solves the problem, there's something called an HDMI audio inserter that would complete the fix, assuming you want to stick with the speakers that are in the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back