Contribute
Register

Blank Screen on Wake with UHD 630 Kaby Lake OC 0.6.1 (Catalina / Big Sur)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it solves the problem, there's something called an HDMI audio inserter that would complete the fix, assuming you want to stick with the speakers that are in the monitor.
@
Does everything work fine except waking out of sleep? Do you have graphic acceleration? Hackintool in its first tab System shows VDA Decoder Fully supported?
So far you have done well. Regarding screen sleep, all I have read is that it can work fine using Display Port to DVI adapters but fails using HDMI cable. If you are not using the monitor as an audio source or are not connected to a TV, try the No-hda-gfx option.

In DeviceProperties with OC Configurator after framebuffer-con2-alldata add a new property named No-hda-gfx and value 00000000 00000000 (as DATA). If you open it with a plain text editor you have to see it like this:
XML:
<key>No-hda-gfx</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAA=</data>
Try and tell me.

Excellent idea to change thread title. More descriptive.
@miliuco - Unfortunately I have tried what you asked and it did not work . Any other suggestions? This is so unfortunate that I cannot get this working...

Does everything work fine except waking out of sleep? Yes

Do you have graphic acceleration? I assume so, but don't know specifically what to check to see.

Hackintool in its first tab System shows VDA Decoder Fully supported? Yes

Last edited:
Any other suggestions?

Maybe switch to Displayport using another adapter, plus the inserter that I mentioned. I use a lot of hardware hacks, though. I figure it's almost always worth it, if the thingy is cheap and the problem is not succumbing after a few hours work.

edited to add: what shows up in IORegistryExplorer if you find your display0 underneath the IGPU and then go up a level or two to get the "connector-type" property?

Last edited:
@miliuco - Unfortunately I am using HDMI and the audio is going on my monitor currently. Is there any way around this? Perhaps I will still try the property you referred to.

Just a couple more questions... you mention OC Configurator, but in the Dortania website it strictly says it should not be trusted. Any link to a good one?

Additionally, what would be a better title as your suggestion? ;)

Apologies for the comment on the title of the thread, it is a confusion with another thread, the title you have put is correct and very descriptive.

OC Configurator has a problem: its version is behind the OC, if OC Configurator is made for the same version as OC it may work fine. If you manage well editing config.plist in plain text mode, then do it like this, it is surely a better method.

I see you need HDMI, removing audio over HDMI is not an option for you.

@

@miliuco - Unfortunately I have tried what you asked and it did not work. Any other suggestions? This is so unfortunate that I cannot get this working...

Does everything work fine except waking out of sleep? Yes

Do you have graphic acceleration? I assume so, but don't know specifically what to check to see.

Hackintool in its first tab System shows VDA Decoder Fully supported? Yes

I think you have graphical acceleration. It's a shame that everything seems to work fine on your system except waking up from sleep. I have no more ideas for you. You see that there are many comments in different forums about the problems that the integrated cards have when coming out of sleep with macOS in the Hackintosh.

Maybe switch to Displayport using another adapter, plus the inserter that I mentioned. I use a lot of hardware hacks, though. I figure it's almost always worth it, if the thingy is cheap and the problem is not succumbing after a few hours work.

edited to add: what shows up in IORegistryExplorer if you find your display0 underneath the IGPU and then go up a level or two to get the "connector-type" property?

00 80 00 00 - HDMI

I think you have graphical acceleration. It's a shame that everything seems to work fine on your system except waking up from sleep. I have no more ideas for you. You see that there are many comments in different forums about the problems that the integrated cards have when coming out of sleep with macOS in the Hackintosh.
Thanks so much for your help. It still gives me better insight to all of these little things that make a Hackintosh work.

Another post just alerted me to a new Whatevergreen boot argument: igfxonln=1

Here's a user report from out there: "Using igfxonln=1 can keep the video signal but in order to bring up the audio, I still need to turn off and on the monitor." Try adding it. Make sure your Whatevergreen is up to date.

Here's a user report from out there: "Using igfxonln=1 can keep the video signal but in order to bring up the audio, I still need to turn off and on the monitor." Try adding it. Make sure your Whatevergreen is up to date.

I use that already for when the computer just turns off the monitor for power saving and it works to turn it back on afterwards. This does not work for waking from sleep however.

That boot arg igfxonln=1 is essential to be able to boot with the Intel 630 Coffee Lake card as the main one, at least in my case.

@thebrac2013 - Your title says UHD 630, but with i7-7700K, your graphics are HD630. Unfortunately, the wake problem with Kabylake HD630 is well-known and is a problem I haven't solved yet either. I hope you're motivated by many people who have been unsuccessful at finding a solution and that you're determined to be the first one! :)

I'm sure that it is solvable, but HD630 wake remains elusive for many (if not most).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back