Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7 - 4790k
Graphics
R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there's a work around in Clover to enable dual monitor (1 hdmi, 1 dvi) on my
AMD Radeon R9 290X? Everything works fins with one monitor but once I connect the other I just get a blank screen. Thank you!

I'm running on El Capitan

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there's a work around in Clover to enable dual monitor (1 hdmi, 1 dvi) on my
AMD Radeon R9 290X? Everything works fins with one monitor but once I connect the other I just get a blank screen. Thank you!

I'm running on El Capitan

Did you ever get this sorted? I currently have this issue myself and even though I had it before and fixed it I now can't remember what I did!

Did you ever get this sorted? I currently have this issue myself and even though I had it before and fixed it I now can't remember what I did!
Still haven't sorted it unfortunately. :/

Still haven't sorted it unfortunately. :/

Strange that. Both my displays work perfectly under Sierra and previous distros but I faced this same issue when I installed Sierra and I can't remember what I did to resolve it, so there is a way. It's definitely related to the Radeon Kexts and Clover. I assume you're using Clover too?

Strange that. Both my displays work perfectly under Sierra and previous distros but I faced this same issue when I installed Sierra and I can't remember what I did to resolve it, so there is a way. It's definitely related to the Radeon Kexts and Clover. I assume you're using Clover too?
Yes I'm using Clover. If you figure out and remember your fix please let me know. Thank you so much

I surely will. I might just try Chimera and see how that goes.
Is Chimera a different version of Clover? I'm very new at this and just inherited a hackintosh. I'm in the process of learning this machine.

Is Chimera a different version of Clover? I'm very new at this and just inherited a hackintosh. I'm in the process of learning this machine.

No they are both bootloaders but they are not different versions of each other if you see what I mean? It's like Audi & BMW - they are both cars & both do the same thing but they aren't the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back