Contribute
Register

BlackHack's Skylake Build : ASUS Maximus VIII Formula - i7 6700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately copying the RehabMan produced kext into the installer's clover kext's gives me a kernel error
You need to use KextBeast to insert the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/ in the following manner:
- Download KextBeast (see the Forum's Download menu) and unzip it;
- Drag and drop the kext from the Clover .../kexts/ folder onto your Desktop and make sure there are no other kexts on your Desktop; Make sure that a copy of it is not left in the Clover .../kexts/ folder;
- Run KextBeast and select /S/L/E/;
- After KextBeast is finished, don't reboot just yet; Remove this kext from the Desktop to another folder or your USB drive.
- Open the Terminal and execute the following command:
Code:
sudo mv /Volumes/your-drive/System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext IONVMeFamily.kext.bak
This Terminal command will rename the IONVMeFamily.kext to IONVMeFamily.kext.bak for archiving purposes. Note: "your-drive" is the drive name you have given for your Sierra installation.​
- Reboot.​

Last edited:
You need to use KextBeast to insert the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext into /System/Library/Extensions/ in the following manner:
- Download KextBeast (see the Forum's Download menu) and unzip it;
- Drag and drop the kext from the Clover .../kexts/ folder onto your Desktop and make sure there are no other kexts on your Desktop; Make sure that a copy of it is not left in the Clover .../kexts/ folder;
- Run KextBeast and select /S/L/E/;
- After KextBeast is finished, don't reboot just yet; Remove this kext from the Desktop to another folder or your USB drive.
- Open the Terminal and execute the following command:
Code:
sudo mv /Volumes/your-drive/System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext IONVMeFamily.kext.bak
This Terminal command will rename the IONVMeFamily.kext to IONVMeFamily.kext.bak for archiving purposes. Note: "your-drive" is the drive name you have given for your Sierra installation.​
- Reboot.​
Thanks Stork I'll give this a go. I like to keep things within Clover (to simply re-installs when needed), would it be possible to still have Clover copying over the kext and somehow have it delete the IONVMeFamily.kext (which I assume is conflicting and causing the kernel error)?

Heading completely off topic now (Sorry BlackHack - but so close to a 100% working build) - I don't suppose you know of a reason why my NVME Samsung 960 Pro would be limited to exactly 2GB read/write?

I have a question. How do I use the HD 530 if I own a GTX 1070? How do I tell that OSX should use the HD 530 when I boot?

In the bios - Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration >Graphics Configuration then one of the settings should be changed to iGPU

In the bios - Advanced > System Agent (SA) Configuration >Graphics Configuration then one of the settings should be changed to iGPU

So I have always to switch in the bios to use the integrated one?

@BlackHack13 is sleep working for you? I've been trying all sorts of fixes but every time it sleeps it ends up restarting with a log of "Wake reason: XDCI".

I ended up adding the 950 to support three 4k monitors (and an additional ultra-wide once the monitor mount arrives) which works well however I've had to unplug the 1080 while running on Mac as it tries to choose that by default.

I also switched from an SSDT to HWPEnabler.kext which works well. Getting 19500 Geekbench at 4.6Ghz OC

@BlackHack13 is sleep working for you? I've been trying all sorts of fixes but every time it sleeps it ends up restarting with a log of "Wake reason: XDCI".

I ended up adding the 950 to support three 4k monitors (and an additional ultra-wide once the monitor mount arrives) which works well however I've had to unplug the 1080 while running on Mac as it tries to choose that by default.

I also switched from an SSDT to HWPEnabler.kext which works well. Getting 19500 Geekbench at 4.6Ghz OC

- No Patch for Sleep on HD 530 for now
- You don't have to unplug it just use two cables to your monitor i use DP for 1080 and HDMI for HD 530 in BIOS choose IGPU first and your done when on Mac it will be using HD 530, on Windows it's will choose the GTX 1080.
- Using HWPEnabler is better ?

So I have always to switch in the bios to use the integrated one?
No Read below

I have Maximus viii formula, my bluetooth works, my wifi does not
work.

Wifi for this motherboard is not working grab a pci card or genuine Apple combo card

@Stork Updated to 10.12.2 Everything working even the NVMe Patch

:clap:Hi @BlackHack13 I really liked making the system like you
But I have an important question: your Thunderbolt 3 work? i have Zoom audio interface, and I need this. thx :headbang: sorry i can't speak English very well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back