Contribute
Register

BlackHack's Skylake Build : ASUS Maximus VIII Formula - i7 6700K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome!! How is editing on this? Do you have any footage on how your machine work?

Great everything run smoothly will take same footage when have time :)

Hi Blackhack13,

please can you sent me your Sierra config too?? Since I ve upgraded to Sierra my machine is not running well. One of my problems is the mini pci card, its the same you got but I have no connection in Bios.

Thanks mate,
Rob

i am using NVMe SSD but since am using clover patch its wont be a problem if you have another SSD

Hey,

I am still struggling with my wifi card (ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card). Maybe you can tell me your experiences. On El Capitan and an older bios (1503) there were no problems with bluetooth, I had good connection to Magic Mouse and Keyboard but was never able to get the connection to enter bios. It also worked well on Win10.

Since Bios Update to Version 2202 and fresh Sierra/Win10 installation Bluetooth stopped working on both platforms. Today I started to create SSDT for USB to get rid of the port patch. In IOREGExplorer bluetooth isn`t recognized. I tested both USB headers with my Aquastream XT waterpump (USB1112 and USB1314). Strange enough: on USB1112 the pump is listet on HS12, port 0c000000, no pump on USB1314 and no bluetooth at all..

So I am not sure if all this bios related or maybe my card is faulty or both??

Maybe you/somebody can give me hand.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

My card workt OOB on el capitan but on Sierra i needed to install USBXHCI Kext and use the 15 port limit patch to get the card to work since it's using internal usb on my mobo, it's workt on BIOS instantely after working on MacOS first, i think you need to get all your usb working first then its will work in bios as well. PS: i am using the latest BIOS for the Maximus VIII

hi blackhawk,

have you experience distorted apple logo when booting to installer when upgrading on sierra? i'm stuck with this now :(

Same here it's a boot glitch it was also on el capitan but have been fixed with a clover patch no sierra patch at the moment, but this is only cosmetic it's can boot to Sierra without any issue.

What is the graphics fix for Sierra? I am getting graphical glitches with the same configurations.

Thanks!

Look at this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-graphics-glitch-fix.206410/
Everything is detailed most problem you have, have already been solved here :)

i can send me your email and i will send you my efi folder

Please read the rules :
The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

If you post an e-mail address your post will be removed and your account may be suspended.
If you wish to share a file or folder then zip it and attach it to a post here instead.

Hi Blackhack, no email then. Please can you upload just your config.file here?

I connected the card with a new USB A to USB B type cable and the card works, Bluetooth is back, Magic Mouse and keyboard are working in Bios, yay! I guess its a problem with my mainboard header or the original cable.

What about your shutdown and reboot? It take "ages" to shutdown and reboot the machine. Do you have the same problem? After shutting down monitor goes black but fans are running for a minute or so.

I am on the latest Bios too.

Thanks mate.

Last edited:
I'm about to upgrade my setup to a triple 4K display and add an nvme drive this week - I'll be documenting the full setup with updates for the graphics and audio hat have changed over time.

One thing that's annoyed me is that I was tired when ordering the motherboard and failed to see that it's one of the few maximus board without a thunderbolt connector so you can't add a thunderbolt 3 card to it - bare that in mind! You may want to go for the maximum pro or extreme instead...

I have a 1080 gfx card that I use for windows gaming and use the hd530 for macOS which technically support 3 4K displays at 60mhz (obviously not for gaming). Aiming to use the hdmi, dp and the USB-c port to drive them...if not I'll be adding a 950 or similar to help out.

My card workt OOB on el capitan but on Sierra i needed to install USBXHCI Kext and use the 15 port limit patch to get the card to work since it's using internal usb on my mobo, it's workt on BIOS instantely after working on MacOS first, i think you need to get all your usb working first then its will work in bios as well. PS: i am using the latest BIOS for the Maximus VIII

Can you provide any more info on the USBXCHI kext? We have to add the kext? Disable USB3? Enable it? Just making sure, as I have a card on order and it should get here this week...

How did you install on your nvme drive?

Thanks. I´ll look into it, and maybe give it a try, when I build the new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back