Contribute
Register

Black Screen with Radeon HD 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Adrian B,I have been reading a lot about my case
My Graphic Card is a Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770 (68B8 - Vervet Framebuffer).
I’ll reas tho your post and test it.
But i really don’t know what to do, I think I’m not alone in this case

I have two of the Vapor - X Radeon HD 5770 cards. The only one that is running in a machine with High Sierra is running 10.13.5

The DisplayPort wasn't working in 10.13.4 or 10.13.5 with iMac 13,2 system definition (Ivy Bridge hardware) so I am using HDMI port from the card.

I did a clean install for UEFI Ivy Bridge hardware, I didn't use any graphics injection in clover and it is running at present without any proper post install work being done. USB, power management and iMessage setup. I also haven't yet installed WhateverGreen or lilu. The only thing I have used is http://resxtreme.com/ to stop the flashing orange/blue colors screen.

It isn't properly set up - It was all done in a bit of a hurry for a family member who has a dying iMac and just needs something to keep them going for a bit. I might manage to test a second HD 5770 with Z97 or H87 hardware with High Sierra sometime next week, but time is difficult to devote to playing with computers right now, so I cannot make any promises.

The only socket 775 hardware that I have is a really old Dell Optiplex, that isn't going to run High Sierra.

My connection is a DVI (my old monitor doesn't have HDMI). I'll try maybe to buy a HDMI - DVI cable ( Hdmi from my Vapor-x Radeon HD 5770 to DVI in my monitor)

I saw on a post one guy who made it work with nvidia driver, not sure about this.

I'm still trying to test with some fakeID/deinit configs to see if something come along.

Anyway, thanks Adrian for your comment, it gives me hopes to make it work!

My connection is a DVI (my old monitor doesn't have HDMI). I'll try maybe to buy a HDMI - DVI cable ( Hdmi from my Vapor-x Radeon HD 5770 to DVI in my monitor)

Always worth trying a different cable/port

I saw on a post one guy who made it work with nvidia driver, not sure about this.

That is a windup post, there is no way that any Nvidia graphics driver will ever work with any AMD product. They are written completely different and have different architecture.

I'm still trying to test with some fakeID/deinit configs to see if something come along.

If you have a spare drive handy, give a fresh installation on a different drive a try to see if you get different results.

Hello!

I have tried with HDMI, same results..

I'll try maybe with Chameleon for High Sierra to see if I got better results..

Adrian B, if you can put the EFI or config.plist file for me in order to test it... Thanks

I don't know what to do...

I have one HD 5770 in a Z97-HD3 motherboard with El Capitan and another on a B75M-HD3 running High Sierra 10.13.5
Neither machine has similar hardware to yours - both machines are also in different places and I am some distance from both machines right now.

I would recommend trying a fresh test installation if you can.

Ok, I'll try a fresh install :)
Do you confirm that in you kext/other you have no specific graphic kext?

I did not add any graphics drivers components to the installation. I didn't even add any AMD graphics injection. macOS is loading the required components for the card.

Tried a fresh install, same problem (black screen)
I can start with -x (safe mode), and I see my ATI with 1 Gb RAM correctly (but in safe mode you have no acceleration)
Or I can start with -radvesa (with lilu and whatevergreen), but I would have mi ATI HD 5770 with 5mb RAM.

In windows 10 , my ATI card works perfectly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back